Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's what i'm here for lol!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thx 4 the clarification Arty!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Was wondering if this header would work on a 96 aspire? Seeing as its as the b3 as well. I currently have a tri-y that was recently bought and installed but I don't think it is as fully designed as yours. Maybe in the future I can buy one and sell my current one. I like the long tube setup. How is the low end torque with your header? I lost a small amount of low end with my tri-y and the torque peak shifted to 4300 rpms.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

this will mount up to any B3 (8v) head, but you must supply a flexpipe and flange to the cat.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
            To be honest, I tested that over 3 years ago & didn't keep the file. As I recall header was worth around 8 HP on a stock Festiva & around 14.5 HP with head work. I will be doing some testing on some parts that I am developing at the present & bought a stock '91 Festiva to test with. So I will be able to start from scratch with base line numbers all the way to highly modified.
            Were those gains with cat and OEM exhaust, or modified exhaust.
            Very interested as I need to replace an exhaust manifold and down pipe anyway!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              this will mount up to any B3 (8v) head, but you must supply a flexpipe and flange to the cat.
              Matt, would it be possible to extend the pipe and put a flange on it to direct mate it to a OEM cat arrangement.
              I know it will cost, but I like the direct bolt up solution.
              Not to mention I do not weld and don't know anyone professional or otherwise in this area that I could have this done.
              Last edited by Pu241; 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

For the extra money, you could probably buy an aftermarket ball-n-socket flange and a hi-flow cat. Any muffler shop should be able to hook it up to the factory mid-pipe without issue. Plus, you'd have a much better performing system. Putting the OEM cat behind the header would be like smoking and not inhaling, lol.

On second thought, maybe the exhaust shops around you wouldn't touch it...even here in rural nowhere, some shops won't mess with any non-stock from the cat forward.
                Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

It would be nice if a flex pipe was installed at the collector on the design . if anything you could have an exhaust shop shift your cat further back. It only cost me $80 to shift it back and re weld a new flange in position. But my header came with a flex pipe at the collector. And you don't need a high flow cat the OEM one flows great with an exhaust setup. I have a 1.75" cat back exhaust and it flows more than I even need. I would save that money for other things IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                    Was wondering if this header would work on a 96 aspire? Seeing as its as the b3 as well. I currently have a tri-y that was recently bought and installed but I don't think it is as fully designed as yours. Maybe in the future I can buy one and sell my current one. I like the long tube setup. How is the low end torque with your header? I lost a small amount of low end with my tri-y and the torque peak shifted to 4300 rpms.

I see no reason why this header would not fit the Aspire perfectly. I build them with plenty of room around the oil pan to accommodate any clearance issues. Your loss of torque with the tri-y is exactly what i found on the dyno while developing a header for you guys. You will be impressed with the improvement & performance thru the entire power band with my header.
                    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                      Were those gains with cat and OEM exhaust, or modified exhaust.
                      Very interested as I need to replace an exhaust manifold and down pipe anyway!

Dynod with no cat & stock exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        Matt, would it be possible to extend the pipe and put a flange on it to direct mate it to a OEM cat arrangement.
                        I know it will cost, but I like the direct bolt up solution.
                        Not to mention I do not weld and don't know anyone professional or otherwise in this area that I could have this done.
                        The reason I leave the header outlet unflanged is for 2 reasons....1) I am sure basically no 2 of you have the exact exhaust arrangement so what fits perfectly for one person will have to be modified for another. The header is really intended to maximize performance & I feel the likely hood of someone who purchases this header is going to put a performance oriented exhaust behind it anyway. 2) The more I have to do to the header the more complicated it becomes to build & the more expensive is gets. I feel the majority of you have some fab skills or know someone who does to modify the exhaust as it is quite simple to do. But for your particular application, if you absolutely need a direct bolt on, I would certainly accommodate you.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                          For the extra money, you could probably buy an aftermarket ball-n-socket flange and a hi-flow cat. Any muffler shop should be able to hook it up to the factory mid-pipe without issue. Plus, you'd have a much better performing system. Putting the OEM cat behind the header would be like smoking and not inhaling, lol.

On second thought, maybe the exhaust shops around you wouldn't touch it...even here in rural nowhere, some shops won't mess with any non-stock from the cat forward.
                          I have considered adding a flex joint & ball/socket flange to my header so that the outlet is more flexible to line up with whatever exhaust system you have better. Also, by law, shops can't remove converters due to fines. I have an exhaust bender & do custom exhaust all the time & the way I get around this is simply ask the customer to trailer their car to the shop & tell me it's a race car which will never be driven on the street. Then I am free to do whatever you want me to do. When I am done, you trailer it away & what I don't know don't hurt me. Most exhaust shops do this. Ask yours.

Comment

Re: Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Now I really need to pay you a visit. I wanna ditch the muffler on my TDI but I want to put a flange in its place so I can put it back on if I want.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I wish this were available a few months ago when I had to buy my header from Australia. I would have just bought one of yours instead. I'll be back in later months when I can save up some cash.

Comment

Is that $300 with shipping or without?
                                '89 L Charcoal
                                '89 L Red
                                '91 Ranger
                                '65 F100

Sepmer Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X