No announcement yet.

Rocketman Carb Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I used the old weber drill bits and solder to downsize.... Alot cheaper then jet kit

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

My Weber came today.. hopefully will install tomorrow.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Good news, I took a chance - I soldered and rebored my main primary jet out to 0.98mm and just had a drive.. results:

14.3 to 14.9 AFR in almost all points of light acceleration and cruise (only using the primary butterfly)... Probably a 30-35% reduction in fuel use compared to the stock jet test yesterday.

I'll remove and rebore the secondary main jet tomorrow.

=)
        White '88, 280kmi, Weber 32/36 DGEV Carb with Rocketman Carb Adapter

Comment

That also means your air correction jets are pretty damn close, good job.

Comment

Originally posted by 95Compact View Post
            Well, no wonder the B3 is running rich - the jets that came with the K601 Weber kit for the Suzuki Samurai are:

Main Primary: 140
            Main Secondary: 140
            Air Corrector Primary: 170
            Air Corrector Secondary: 160

These seem to be appropriate for about a 2.2L engine if I've understood what I've read correctly...

Any idea why they are supplying these jets with a kit for a 1.3l Suzuki?
            They seems to put those jets in all their 32/36 carbs. That's what my Subaru 1.8 liter carb kit came with. Probably rich for that car too!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks drumnerd,

Hey do you know what your secondary main jets were changed to? I was going to guess at about 120 (1.20mm), but if you already have the size figured out, I'll just rebore it to what you have..

I plan on ordering just the main jets (they're only like $6) after I finalise the new sizes.

Comment

Tom, that's what it's looking like... Before I ordered, I called Weber to ask whether the kits they sell come jetted for the application and they told me that they do... Maybe I was told wrong? Or maybe they just haven't done the fine tuning on the Samurai kit?

You'd think that they'd be able to calculate the jet sizes a lot closer than this. A 1.40mm hole versus 1.0mm is a flow area difference of 50%!! Thats a lot of wasted gas.

Comment

Another thing I didn't mention is you also wanna keep dropping the jet size till you feel a loss of power and then go back up one step, then use the air correctors to dial in on your wide band o2

Comment

I just realized something that I should mention here... when I did the original testing with the wideband O2 sensor, I was porting the valve cover gasses into the air cleaner port. I think this has a BIG effect on the AFR reading of the O2 sensor.

I say this because while I was testing the new 100 size jet earlier, I did NOT have the valve cover vented into the air cleaner (and I got perfect AFR numbers). Later, after my previous post I installed the air cleaner and re-routed the valve cover vent tube back into the carb... Well, the number are a LOT different! The perfect AFR of 14.3-14.9 went up to 11.5.

Tomorrow, I'll swap the 'new' 100 jet with the secondary's 140 jet and give it another run with the valve cover NOT vented into the carb and I'll post the result.

The only reason this is an issue is because my B3 is old and tired and abused. The amount of blowby pouring out of the valve cover is rediculous. It makes sense that such a huge amount of burnt oil, etc would change the AFR reading of the O2 sensor.

Sorry if this is confusing to those who haven't used WB O2's...

Comment

[QUOTE=95Compact;613710]

[QUOTE]
                      95Compact, I like your setup, but I would recommend using a separate little filter on your valve cover, rather than venting it to the inside of your air filter housing. That tube is sending all that oil into your carb, intake and combustion chamber. Better to just get a valve cover filter. Held on with one screw and a hose clamp. You will have to clean it from time to time as it gets dirty (a general-purpose cleaner like 409 is fine), then let it dry overnight and reinstall in the morning. Very minor hassle for a cleaner motor.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If you have Alot of blow by (like I think you said in an earlier post) I would suggest a catch can, just putting the filter on the valve cover is gonna make a horrible mess with Alot of blow by (just ask me how i know... Lol) catch cans are fairly cheap and will help keep the oil and gas residue out of your intake, or you just put that same little filter on the catch can instead of the valve cover.

Last edited by drumnerd33; 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drumnerd33 View Post
                          If you have Alot of blow by (like I think you said in an earlier post) I would suggest a catch can, just putting the filter on the valve cover is gonna make a horrible mess with Alot of blow by (just ask me how i know... Lol) catch cans are fairly cheap and will help keep the oil and gas residue out of your intake, or you just put that same little filter on the catch can instead of the valve cover.

Good thought too. Drumnerd, did you see my new thread on Weber tuning? (I added a second post.) Would like your feedback.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I didn't I'll have to look for the thread

Comment

Thanks guys, my friend and I are going to build a catch can for it, probably tomorrow. Yeah, I hate to send all that crap into that sparkly clean carb!

BTW, yesterday I removed all those solenoids on the firewall and and coiled up the harness next to the brake booster... looks much neater now!

Comment

Have two adapters left from the last batch, and another batch coming soon!
                                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                                X