• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
    Yes.
    I'm sure there are more variables.
    Intake would also be part of it.
    I'm curious what kind of mpgs he could squeeze out of one of these if that was the customers ultimate goal.
    I think this would be impossible to answer with a hard fast number. With the biggest factor % wise in fuel economy being driving style, it would be misleading to say "you will get xx mpg increase with x mods". It would be possible to quantify the % increase expected from a given mod (albeit still quite difficult), but again real world factors are likely to provide a huge range in each persons experience. I think the best we can ask for is for Matt to produce us the parts that are designed for a particular application and put them to the test for ourselves to see if we can get real world results. He already has a client with the mpg cam grind reporting 7mpg increase over what he was getting before (although this might be way off depending on that person and their records/testing parameters). Matt is providing theoretically optimal parts for us. Now it is up to us to show what they can do in each of our situations
    Last edited by mikeyjd; 06-27-2013, 10:10 PM.
    My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Customer drives 38 miles one way to work, he reported over 7 mpg improvement with his normal driving style.Just as most of you have repeatable data on your mpg , he said he does as well.Last week he said he drove for max mpg , no speeding , passing , short shifting, driving like he had nothing to prove.He reported 10.16 mpg improvement, this is his data not my estimate
      PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

^That's awesome. I know what I want now.

Will be emailing you within a week.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          Will be emailing you within a week.
          Honestly it would be best to call him. If he is busy he will call you back, I can attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
            Honestly it would be best to call him. If he is busy he will call you back, I can attest to that.
            agreed.
            My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Yeah, I've talked to him before. Email is just easier for me. Either way, great service.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Matt doesnt really like to do email, he would much rather you call him.

Comment

Either way is fine.

Comment

So what is the general consensus of doing this on top of the aspire head swap...and then adding a turbo with low boost?
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

An Aspire head wont gain you anything, it's the same as a Festiva. The only advantage of an Aspire is the roller cam, which won't work with Matt's cam.....unless you have him grind you a custom MPG roller cam....which he can do. That would make for a terrific fuel efficient engine.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Good to know and I'll ask him about prices.
                        Fast....Women are fast
                        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

I just paid for a roller "profiled" MPG grind. Matt said it in a way that made it seem very simple to do, and not a whole other grind than the plain MPG. What I'll have so far is basically an Aspire head with the MPG cam, and boost is still in the works for later. Not sure how long I'll have a job in the short term, so have to do things in tiny steps.

But basically, yes you can use the cam with rollers.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Received your cam friday, it's not a roller cam

Comment

Oh, so I guess you have to start with a roller to do the roller profile. I see. I'm using roller rockers either way. However you have to do it is fine by me.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I need a roller cam to make a roller cam.

Comment

Working...
                                X