No announcement yet.

Egr delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Sweet. Will it handle the current draw of a water pump?

One of these might work better. It's made to do what you need.
    Last edited by sketchman; 03-08-2014, 05:44 PM.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Actually, the driver I have is perfect for an inductive load. An led driver might have issues with that inductive kickback. This one I have is made for 10A. How much current do you figure a windshield washer pump pulls. I ran one full duty cycle for 10 minutes once spraying water through a fine misting nozzle, the pump got hottt. There has to be something better suited for an application like we need. Without going out and investing in a water meth pump.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright. That's great then.

I have no idea what a pump draws. Just throwing out ideas. There are lots of pumps available on ebay, but I don't know how they'd hold up or what they draw.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

i think the big question is, actually two big questions. put the misting nozzle in the manifold. or in the intake tract. and....warmed water, or "room temp" water.

Comment

Steam is the most atomized and would have the best engine filling properties.

Comment

You could run a bit of the length of line from pump to nozzle with metal pipe and lay it right on the exhaust manifold or very close to it. I'd put the nozzle before the manifold if you're going to pump it in. That way it's not pulling it in on its own when you don't want it to.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

ive found nozzles for sale that have leak proof pressure springs in them. maybe that could handle a vacuum pull. but id like to spray into a copper pipe before it get wrapped around the exhaust, and then have this bit of pipe going straight into the manifold. so the nozzle wouldnt be spraying into the manifold directly, so that if its not atomizing very well at the lowest of pressures, it doesnt matter too much.

Comment

Oooh. Nice idea.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Sketch man. I got my new intake manifold design all drawn up in whatever program my buddy used. I just need to find the right sized runner pipes and have this beast cut out. we measured the factory intake holes to be 1.15 inches. Do you figure my best bet would be to go bigger and port the lower manifold to match. Maybe 1.25?

Comment

Comment

^^-- good work, anything meant for nitrous or meth injection is overkill for a trickle with a push at the end setup. Used and obsolete items you can pick up all day long as people go more and more digital controller, and things taht go with aftermarket ecu's. The only thing is to dial in what load ranges to use
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                          Sketch man. I got my new intake manifold design all drawn up in whatever program my buddy used. I just need to find the right sized runner pipes and have this beast cut out. we measured the factory intake holes to be 1.15 inches. Do you figure my best bet would be to go bigger and port the lower manifold to match. Maybe 1.25?

If you're going longer runners then I'd go fatter too and port the bottom. That's what Matt did.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I received in le mail my plenum for the manifold I'm making. Check this brute out.

Comment

If it doesn't work as intended, you could always use it as a mailbox.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 03-13-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

It's huge! Right at 120 cubic inches right now. I'm planning on cutting it down a bit. Maybe 100

Comment

Working...
                                X