No announcement yet.

Twin charged bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, those honda headers wont work at all, the 1.6 port are evenly spaced, and the b engine honda headers are off a bit. cylinders 2 and 3 are closer than 1 and 2, and 3 and 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      yeah, those honda headers wont work at all, the 1.6 port are evenly spaced, and the b engine honda headers are off a bit. cylinders 2 and 3 are closer than 1 and 2, and 3 and 4.
      That is a small issue compared to where they put the collector. The d15 and d16 both have a right side transmission (or wrong side for us clockwise spinning fanboys). The header collects right where our b series engines like to pick up oil in the pan. You may be able to remedy this with a miata pan and pickup, but then you've got other problems with routing the exhaust. I bought a nice shiny d16 header to try this a few years back.
      The Capri b6d exhaust manifold is a pretty nice piece. It's heavy, but the weight is in the right place for traction on these little fwd cars. The porting is clean and well matched to the head and you could probably buy a manifold and have it extruded and ceramic coated for the same price as acquiring one of those aussie laser extractors (the correct term for a tuned exhaust manifold, according to the Aussies.)
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• i was looking at this one. exhaust leaves the collector going straight down, so an extension could be made to ensure it makes it under the oil pan. instead of having to figure out how to extend 4 pipes all at their own slant.

Comment

• let me get this supercharger put on the motor first, then well talk. gotta make sure that possible first. maybe this weekend after the special project. )

Comment

• That's a B Series header. The cylinder pitch is way off on that header for a b6, but may work on a BP, but you don't want to go under the oil pan of a BP. They hang lower than the b3 pan by quite a bit and you would drag your header around on every bump.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZephTheChef View Post
              I was referring to using an external wastegate and extra plumbing after the supercharger to effectively bypass it as opposed to using the integrated bypass valve.

You don't risk overspinning the turbo by using the supercharger bypass to shut off the supercharger at higher rpms, the turbo still sees the exact same flow and pressure either way, the bypass just allows air to leak from the supercharger outlet back into the supercharger inlet, nothing is vented to atmosphere, the turbo doesn't know the difference either way. I am all for using an internal wastegate for controlling turbo boost, what I am not for is adding external gates when the supplied equipment will do just fine.
              The problem with internal gates is the flow is very disturbed through them. An external gate can be placed in a manner in which it actually becomes a tuned length of the header. The wastegate is not only a way to bleed air, it's a functional member of the exhaust tuning.

Comment

• I'd like an underdrive pulley on my supercharger, but nobody offers that. I'm going to see if I can mate the power steering pulley to the supercharger snout.

Comment

• It's just depends if this ends up full compound, or supercharger bypass setup. I just can't see that 4 rib belt holding 35hp very well

Comment

• Check out Fast Forward Superchargers here in Coolidge AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Check out Fast Forward Superchargers here in Coolidge AZ.
                      I keep forgetting that no one sells under drive pulleys because with the factory bypass actuator, you can reference the other side as to turn the boost down, by creating a small bypass leak. I'm just worried about the poor little 4 rib slipping once I get to redline and 15lbs plus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by bhearts; 06-14-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• That's why I suggested looking up fast forward. I think they offer a 7 rib drive system for the big nose crank Mazda engine, and they have a lot of other odds and ends that make mounting a roots blower to a b6 easier. That's what they do. Disregard their fueling ideas though.

Comment

That's why I suggested looking up fast forward. I think they offer a 7 rib drive system for the big nose crank Mazda engine, and they have a lot of other odds and ends that make mounting a roots blower to a b6 easier. That's what they do. Disregard their fueling ideas though.
                          I saw that now, thanks. I always really liked the idea of over driving with a larger crank pulley, for more belt surface area.

Comment

• Yeah, bigger pulleys also tend to preserve belts as well.

Comment

Yeah, bigger pulleys also tend to preserve belts as well.
                              Remember those exhaust flanges I showed you? The description says they are machined for 1.25 sch pipe. What's that mean?

Comment

• 1.25" schedule 10 weld elbows.

Comment

Working...
                                X