No announcement yet.

polished rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Ryobi detail sander, with the triangle sandpaper.
    Today, I soldered on the rad supports.
    Monday, I will solder on the fan shroud standoffs.
    I will finish the final buff with a two 5" buffing wheels on an electric motor.
    Wait until you see it installed with the chrome rad brackets.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-18-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

When you open the hood it's going to say HEY look at me. great work Brave.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I wrapped my rad fins with 13" X 17" underlay.
        It will be polished to a mirror finish as soon as I solder the last fan shroud bracket on.
        I am going .125" thickness for the tab and .328" for the nut.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 02-27-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I thought I should mention how I secured the lid back on the power steering fluid reservoir.
          I drilled a 3.25" hole through a piece of wood, held the reservoir upside down with extra pressure on the rim, and used a flush rectangular rivet set to pneumatically hit each pried tab with the pressure button set to super low. Minimal scratches.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 07-30-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Made a solid brass bracket to solder on top of my rad. Just have to drill and tap a hole.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 08-06-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

OK Brave...so when are we going to get to open the hood and see all of these wonders live and in person? Madness XI Maybe?
              Or...I'll be in Canada during the last two weeks of September...and the closest point that I'll be to Toronto in New Brunswick is only about 10 hours by car if you want to head toward the East Coast around the 20th.

Comment

In Wolfville NS now headed for Charlottetown PEI tomorrow...really enjoying the beautiful scenery and great food.

Comment

Be sure to get out of there before Maria arrives. It won't be very pretty.
                  It is very hot in Toronto these two weeks. Way above normal.
                  We are finally getting a taste of summer.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 09-20-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I have an aluminum radiator that I want to polish. I have already test fitted it and now I want to make it look a little nicer. I have sanded it with 600, 1000 and 2000 wet sandpaper. This will be a driver not a show car, but I still want it to look nice. What type compound would I use or who could I go to to find out about machine polishing it out?

-------------
                    hero splendor pro price

Comment

Just go to any store that sells buffing wheels + a red rouge polishing stick, slap them on an electric motor and polish it yourself.
                      Don't forget to put a mask on.
                      I prefer to double up the buffing wheels.

It's addictive. You will probably want to buff your valve cover next and then your alternator.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-14-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Just clear the polished copper withe a thermal and UV stable clear coat. hero duet mileage per liter

Comment

Working...
                        X