No announcement yet.

NO2 stock b3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also looks as if the block is the same as a b6 just aluminum alloy and the head is made different. Couldn't I just treat this engine like a b6 when I mount it? It would be the same length and depth on the block right? So just would need to make something work for the passenger side engine mount.
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

It's just an air pump. If you had all your b3 efi connectors where they need to go, there's really no reason you can't get the computer to add spark and fuel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I think this is a swap I'm going to do if the engine is in good shape going to look at it today after work

Comment

Z5 valve cover from the earlier protégé 1.5 has provisions for the dizzy.
          The jdm zlde intake may work. There are several different intake manifold designs for the Z series engines. Very little is documented on these engines, but they are the newest version of what was the B6. They have a lot of improvements over the b series engines too.
          I have a ZL-DE in storage waiting for the right car to swap in.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

If I have to cut a hole in my firewall I might, but I will look for different intakes. This has got me really excited.

Comment

I would move the entire engine/trans forward long before sacrificing the firewall. The benefits of a forward mounted engine are very substantial.
              Make sure that engine is the ZMDE, and not the F series engine. The F engine won't easily swap into a festiva, unless you are in Germany.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I would move the entire engine/trans forward long before sacrificing the firewall. The benefits of a forward mounted engine are very substantial.
                Make sure that engine is the ZMDE, and not the F series engine. The F engine won't easily swap into a festiva, unless you are in Germany.
                Would I just drill new holes for the engine and transmission mounts if I moved it forward? If it is simple like that then I would do that sounds better than cutting apart my car. I like being on this forum its good to have other people's input.

Comment

I think with an e series tranny (stock) you could just drill new holes in the trans support member, and space the rear mount. The engine mount is easy, space it from the block, which you'll have to do anyway because DOHC stuff gets in the way with the stock mount.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-17-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

How about this? This engine looks good little oil varnish but looks like it was changed regularly its a very light gold under the rocker cover.IMG_20150918_161920.jpgIMG_20150918_161920.jpgIMG_20150918_164051.jpg

If I'm right isn't that a b6 sohc 16valve? Straight swap right?
                    Last edited by Meepersly; 09-18-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

B8ME? What's the hood say?

Comment

The salvage yard was closed I posted this on the parking lot. It cranks and wants to start. Couldnt get a really good look at it I was only able to be there for a little.

Comment

That looks like the same valve cover design as mine, but I thought all the Proteges got were the 1.8 SOHC 16v. And I thought that cover was different. Interesting.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                            That looks like the same valve cover design as mine, but I thought all the Proteges got were the 1.8 SOHC 16v. And I thought that cover was different. Interesting.
                            Is yours dohc? That protege is sohc. Also is it just the passenger engine mount that may need modifying?
                            Last edited by Meepersly; 09-18-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Mine is a SOHC 16v 1.6.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Yep just drill a hole for the pass side mount., untape the injector harness, move the tps wires, re tape. Grind pass side axle clearance on oil pan and done. Don't forget the vaf , and ecu, you'll want those. And the iac plug is different so cut itoff of the protege. That looks like a b8me, 103hp/113tq
                                Last edited by eurotiva; 09-19-2015, 05:08 PM.
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X