B6d performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6d performance

Well it seems as if most of the Capri guys are not interested in going to fast. Or at least the forums have been dead. Same with the mx3 guys.

So where do you b6d guys look for builds and go fast parts?
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

The miata guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Miata 1.6 goods should fit, right?

Comment

Change the D to a T. Nuf said .
        New build on the way .

Comment

Yeah miata guys will say bp it. Building a b6d to the miata guys is like building a b3 here gets bashed.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            Yeah miata guys will say bp it. Building a b6d to the miata guys is like building a b3 here gets bashed.
            Geee, thanks Will, make mine a B61P please! (B6-ME) we are at 179whp on 95octane NA. I see no reason a B6D can't make 135whp on 91 octane NA
            No car too fast !

Comment

Oh I totally agree, I love my b6d and would love to build it. It's just not the go to, so go fast parts arnt as easy to come by its usly just swapped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and 179 impressive! I would love to make big na power from this engine.
                When I wanted to build mine I just kept finding threads like this and it bumbed me so I just did a basic rebuild and dropped it in the festiva with fresh clutch.
                http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=358658 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by william; 09-20-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

The best power mods come from the OEM, a machihist/engineer who understands the B series and a few. Goodies. Dyno tune/adjust with wide band monitoring. Not expensive with the right players...
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                    Miata 1.6 goods should fit, right?

Some do, some don't. However the B series OEMs gave us enough parts to work with, if you just look around, Mazda, Ford, Kia.
                    No car too fast !

Comment

William,
                      I don't want to give away all my tricks, but I'll put a B6D long block with all stock B3 everything else in Carolyn's car Ethel, tune with AFM only and see what the dyno says. Then I'll do less than $1000 of parts and work and see if we can get 120lb/ft torque and 135whp on 87 octane E10 gasolane
                      Last edited by Dragonhealer; 09-20-2015, 11:36 PM.
                      No car too fast !

Comment

William, that is a heart breaking thread to read....
                        But i think they are off, because of the availability of the b6t. Unless I am wrong about borrowing parts from it to go turbo? Someone that knows chime in lol.

Keep the info coming guys.
                        Any of you running port n polish heads?
                        Fast....Women are fast
                        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                          William, that is a heart breaking thread to read....
                          But i think they are off, because of the availability of the b6t. Unless I am wrong about borrowing parts from it to go turbo? Someone that knows chime in lol.

Keep the info coming guys.
                          Any of you running port n polish heads?
                          Perhaps we can get Charlie to jump in.
                          MiltonHavoc, you are right, there is no real performance support for the single cam engine in this country. I can see the point, as the twin cam engine is so common here, and a more efficient pump.
                          Obviously, the turbo option will make plenty of power, but either way the packaging and plumbing present challenges.
                          About porting and polishing a head, our 179whp B61P has a STOCK, UNMODIFIED head, though little else in or attached to the engine, is still in stock form. The head is not the flow restriction.
                          I suspect the B6D needs compression ratio raised and an intake that flows like a Miata's does.

Yeah, the thread, a bummer. Much discussion with Charlie convinced me I can make a 250hp MazdaSpeed as a B6 and not have to put up with all the drawbacks of the BP. The B6 is "sweet" because of it's dimensions, which the BP lost due to the increased pitch.

Isn't someone here working on custom intake manifolds?
                          No car too fast !

Comment

As states there are a few 300 hp built b6 and I just saw a 450 hp one got parted out. I picked up his intake manifold. Most of the BP parts fit the b6t. Valves, valve springs, oil pump large nose. Connecting rods timing gears I'm shooting for 350 with mine..

Comment

All the miata internal hop up parts fit the b6d, because it's the same block and head. That means the fancy forged pistons, rods and big cam options will fit the b6d. The remedy to the intake manifold is in the form of the JDM gtx intake manifold. After Madness I will be doing dyno comparisons with many different mods to my b6d. It's definitely quick. I pulled dead even with a co workers '15 5.0 mustang. Neither of us expected that. Lol
                              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-21-2015, 02:52 PM.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X