B6d exhaust manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
    I suspect we could tee it with a restrictor, right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That's probably all the flowmeter is...adjustable orifice. We could put a needle valve on a tee'd line.

Comment

Originally posted by ZephTheChef View Post
      That's probably all the flowmeter is...adjustable orifice. We could put a needle valve on a tee'd line.
      Bingo

Comment

still have to cut home for turbo flange before I weld it. First manifold almost fully done.

Comment

Looks awesome

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
          88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
            Looks awesome

Thanks. I've never welded on stainless before, but the welds look similar to welds I've seen online. Maybe next time I'll try out my pulse setting and make the pretty welds.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              Those look cool I have a megan racing top mount converted to down mount and t3. I was gunna cut the head flange off and make a long tube for the b6d.
              Are there any cheap headers out there with similar port spacig?
              There is a ram horn on ebay for the b6d, but the flange doesn't fit without fudging the holes a bit.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

inside needs a little porting then ready to go.

Comment

Ported. Turned out great.

Comment

Nice

88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

How much did the head flange warp?
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Would it be a bad idea to weld it with the flange bolted to the head? Would that warp the head?
                        A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
                        Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
                          Would it be a bad idea to weld it with the flange bolted to the head? Would that warp the head?
                          The head regularly sees those kinds of temps, I think it would be fine

Comment

Well, the coolant keeps the head cool, but the exhaust ports are very toasty

Comment

That is a good way to limit the amount of warpage, but it can be difficult to weld around the exhaust studs.
                              It's best to make a weld fixture and have it cnc ground with a slight arc on the flange mounting surface, to preload the flange. The fixture should also be drilled with passages for purging the manifold while welding. If it uses fasteners with a low profile head, it'll be easer to weld around the mounting holes. Some of these fixtures are water cooled to control pre and post heat.
                              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-18-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X