Any thoughts on weird motor swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on weird motor swaps?

Don't know why, just started thinking about weird swaps. What do you guys think about a Fiat Twinair 0.9L turbo? Or any others? Also, what would you say is the All-Around-Best swap for a Festiva? (Kinda expecting a lot of B6, BP)
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
    Don't know why, just started thinking about weird swaps. What do you guys think about a Fiat Twinair 0.9L turbo? Or any others? Also, what would you say is the All-Around-Best swap for a Festiva? (Kinda expecting a lot of B6, BP)
    Now fiesta st swap could totally become a thing. Or the focus st.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Fiesta ST swap would be sweet, or one of those little 3 cylinder Fiesta turbo diesel engines that we didn't get here.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Anyone know the rough dimensions of an Ecoboost motor and trans?
        A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
        Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

GM 2.8 V-6 with a 5-speed Gertrag transmission from a Pontiac Fiero donor.
          Double the displacement. It will be like having two engines under the hood.
          That ought to get the Festiva moving.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-29-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

^ mid mounted of course... though if you go that route, pop for the 3.4L . Same block but it's akin to the b3/b6 situation.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Someone still needs to do a rotary swapped FWD festiva.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Find me a 12a....

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

How many do you want? They are still common down here.

Comment

Now you're just teasing....

Comment

A friend has a line on a Focus ST drivetrain for $800, needs some bits after a hard front end collision but it's all there. If I had the skills to make it work I'd be all over it, but at this point I'd have to pay someone to engineer and do the swap, which is not feasible at the moment.
                      1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        GM 2.8 V-6 with a 5-speed Gertrag transmission from a Pontiac Fiero donor.
                        Double the displacement. It will be like having two engines under the hood.
                        That ought to get the Festiva moving.
                        thats alot of work to gain 10hp and 60tq over a stock BP lol i do miss both of my fieros though
                        I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zman86 View Post
                          A friend has a line on a Focus ST drivetrain for $800, needs some bits after a hard front end collision but it's all there. If I had the skills to make it work I'd be all over it, but at this point I'd have to pay someone to engineer and do the swap, which is not feasible at the moment.
                          Focus drive train would be a tight squeeze.

Comment

I saw a 13b at the wrecker yesterday.

Comment

Figured the Fiesta ST would be a better candidate than the Focus.
                              1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Working...
                              X