No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on weird motor swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not if you plan on hard launching in reverse.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

One gear is a bit limiting for track use, don't you think Charlie?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

One gear is enough for this it should be enough for a festy lol.
        Christian von Koenigsegg is one of the most inventive and creative automaker chiefs of all time. Just eight months ago, he came up with an idea for his first hybrid supercar, the Regera, though he refuses to call it a hybrid. But unlike every other supercar, this one has no gearbox whatsoever. How the hell does…
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

It pisses me off to no end that I say this so much: I had that idea like 3 years ago... I wish I had a trillion dollar budget to try out some of my ideas...
          A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
          Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

... join the club.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Been a while. Have been around for years. With that out of the way, thoughts on using a miata to make a rwd Festiva?
              Last edited by PCA-1; 07-04-2016, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Been done. Tonnes of work for not a big gain over BP swapping and keeping it FWD

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  Been done. Tonnes of work for not a big gain over BP swapping and keeping it FWD
                  No sense beating a dead horse then. Tried and true is fine with me .

Comment

I've been high and low on Wiki. Any chance someone here knows the rough dimensions of a 1.6L Ecoboost and the 5 or 6 speed manuals available in the Fiesta ST?
                    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
                    Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

If i were to build another festiva i would want to do a dual turbo bp or b6t. One in front one in back.

Or any other 4wd setup would be fun.
                      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

All the engines that do not fit in the front simply are RWD candidates.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          Step 1: draw line around nicest of 2 Festivas.
                          Step 2: draw 2 lines around donor car (1 inch from centerline on either side)
                          Step 3: cut along lines
                          Step 4: weld 2" section in the middle of straight festiva.
                          Step 4.5: smooth and paint
                          Step 5: have custom windshield and hatch glass cut.
                          Step 6: install MZR turbo engine with 6 speed gearbox.
                          Step 7: test drive
                          Step 8: smile
                          Step 9: wash car
                          Step 10: drive to FMX

Ten easy steps to success.
                          Charlie had the best idea. I often thought the Festiva would look good widened. When I say widened I am not talking about adding fender flares. I am talking about adding inches to the center and yes I imagine a windshield would be an expensive problem. Charlie likes 2", I'm not sure I would go through the trouble for 2". Perhaps 4"? On the other hand I sure like my Festiva for going through tight openings that leave the other traffic behind you. There are still rust free Festivas out here that can be bought cheap and I anticipate more money and free time in '2018. Who knows......?
                          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                            Charlie had the best idea. I often thought the Festiva would look good widened. When I say widened I am not talking about adding fender flares. I am talking about adding inches to the center and yes I imagine a windshield would be an expensive problem. Charlie likes 2", I'm not sure I would go through the trouble for 2". Perhaps 4"? On the other hand I sure like my Festiva for going through tight openings that leave the other traffic behind you. There are still rust free Festivas out here that can be bought cheap and I anticipate more money and free time in '2018. Who knows......?
                            Thats a great idea. I would think 4-6 inches as well. 6 inches with nice wheel flares like carlos festiva and probably the roof chopped a little, but not too much. Is someone good with photoshop?
                            My brother had a honda crx that was widened by a foot with a fibreglass kit. At 100yds or 100kmh it looked good...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

the 1.0 eco boost would be fun I looked into buying a 2017 fiesta sfe and it was fun to drive and seem to get great mpg's and that was in a 2500lb ? car it be awesome in a festiva 123hp and 148 ft lbs tq

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                                It fits in a colt... but those are backwards engines so mounting would be interesting.
                                What does "backwards engine" mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X