No announcement yet.

Power window upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck wih the project. The only thing you need now is the Ford power door lock kit from FMS. Ford part number E9FZ-6121BA42-B (switch activated).

Last edited by bravekozak; 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
      Fresh good luck with the differences in the holes for the glass...hope that tinted glass came with the kit as well.
      Youd have to use the old festiva slider and track. Basically just replace the hand crank and cable with the electric one. I go get a pic of the one I almost have done.

It would be a good time to install power locks.
      Last edited by freshtiva; 09-06-2008, 10:00 PM.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Good luck wih the project. The only thing you need now is the Ford power door lock kit from FMS.
        Whaaaaat........

.......... Didn't know that one either.

You all are gonna make me go broke with all these cool upgrades.

Does it come with a keyless-entry {button "fob" thingy} too?, or just a switch for the interior?
        Last edited by CHills; 09-06-2008, 10:08 PM.
        Steve GT

Comment

Wes here is one I changed out.(bottom pic) It the drivers side. The pride slider is the top one I removed. The one on the track in the festiva slider so it will fit the window holes. Strange thing, I was just checking out the passenger side and its the same as the festiva ??? Now I think I might have got a mismatch set. Maybe one off of front and back door on a four door pride ?? Weird the front drivers side would be different from the passenger side. I glad the passenger side matchs though, the track swap has been a real PITA. Im still having problems with it.

Passenger side the same ??

Drivers side different
          Last edited by freshtiva; 09-06-2008, 10:27 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I fear the dream is dead, couldnt ever get the drivers side to work. Motor clicked but would go up or down. Broke the motor down and found cable kinked up around the spool. Not sure it can be fixed as the kinked cable wont wind right and I dont think repair parts are available. Passenger side worked good. Oh well, its only time and money. I guess Ill at least install the factory tinted glass anyway. Moving on to some fog light installations now.

sigpic

Comment

Thats too bad

once those type of cables are kinked they usually don't wind right again .

Maybe you will come across another motor soon that will work .
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I think my chances are Slim to none and Slim just left town. I knew it was a gamble when I bought them. This time I lose.
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder if you could fit the cable off some other Mazda in there??? Maybe??
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Maybe ?? The leg work would kill you. I know its possible, the passenger side works great. Im just not ready to trade practical function for novelty esp w/o replacement parts. The power windows on my Ford van havent worked for years and they are common.
                    sigpic

Comment

Fresh don't give up hope yet,I have a set of those power regulators that I might sell,remember I used protege regulators on my install,which I can still find in junkyards.
                      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                      99 Dodge Caravan SE
                      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

After market Pwr Windoze

Just as an FYI, here's some pix the after market PW kit I spoke of in an earlier post. Bought these in the late 80s from J.C. Whitney.

Comment

There is a Oct 07 2005 posting by *mechanicaldj* that alludes to Kia Sportage window regulators. Search link:
                          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Comment

the project continues

I would first like to thank Freshtiva for graciously allowing me to continue the power window project where he left off.
                            I am starting with the passenger side, because it is intact.
                            Here is what I did to get my window to go up under battery power:

Before installing the winder assembly, I scribed two lines using a straight edge to locate the third armrest hole. This is because, the doors on the North American Festivas were of the same type as Australia. They were meant to have regular armrests only and the switches were located in the lower centre console. I am installing Kia Pride armrests, I drilled a hole, and then changed it into a rectangle with a straight carbide cutter on a Dremel. The screw is long enough to reach, even though it is in a depression that is .412" deep. I will weld a small disc just to the left of the new armrest hole for extra support.

I then drilled a one inch hole for the passenger switch connector to pass through.

I removed the manual winder and installed the power winder. Notice that the holes it uses are slightly to the right of the manual winder holes.

I also had to enlarge the bottom slot for the track by about a quarter of an inch, in order to get the small bolt in.

Hooked it to a battery, and watched it go up and down (while smiling).

I have removed the door harness to add the Ford power lock wiring.
                            The only wire I haven't figured out is the two connector with red and green wires. I think it is for the door speaker. Anyone with a Kia electrical wiring diagram?
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I've installed the retrofit power window kit on my girlfriend's 323. Pretty easy and a LOT less ugly than that pictured kit a bit earlier in the thread.

The motor is hidden behind the door panel and you just see a cap over where the window crank was. The switches are screwed onto the door panel. Wire to power and you're in business.

Here's a pic of the kit I've installed...

You only need two of the four parts of that kit.

Ebay seller's name is in the watermark of that picture. Good experiences with him.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                                I've installed the retrofit power window kit on my girlfriend's 323. Pretty easy and a LOT less ugly than that pictured kit a bit earlier in the thread.

The motor is hidden behind the door panel and you just see a cap over where the window crank was. The switches are screwed onto the door panel. Wire to power and you're in business.

Here's a pic of the kit I've installed...

You only need two of the four parts of that kit.

Ebay seller's name is in the watermark of that picture. Good experiences with him.
                                Excellent... this is what I was waiting for! What's your switch setup? I'd love to have a way to integrate something covert into the stock dash that appeared OEM... curious to what you did. For example, the two switch blanks in the gauge cluster would be perfect for this!
                                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                                X