Power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I almost tripped, running to the nearest junk yard. I got one out of an MPV before noon today. Now I just have to put it in. My heart.
    Lol
    Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
    Well if you happen to find another send it this way since there's no mpv's down here
    Any lock actuator can be made to work as long as it fits, line of pull lines up with the lock linkage, and can be mounted properly. any car with power door locks or anything can be robbed of its actuators.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
      Lol

Any lock actuator can be made to work as long as it fits, line of pull lines up with the lock linkage, and can be mounted properly. any car with power door locks or anything can be robbed of its actuators.
      I know anyone will work but it seems that this one is a perfect fit

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

You could probably disconnect the lock and the outside handle and just use this exclusively to open the hatch. I mean with this it could eliminate the need for either honestly.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
          You could probably disconnect the lock and the outside handle and just use this exclusively to open the hatch. I mean with this it could eliminate the need for either honestly.
          The way the festy latch works you would still need the handle or a second actuator to work the handle rod

92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

Thats what Im saying, instead of hooking it to the lock. Disconnect the lock and handle rods and have the actuator conected to the handle rod. You dont have to worry about someone opening an unlocked hatch because the handle isnt functional anymore. The actuator is doing its job now.
            Last edited by MONSOON; 03-07-2010, 09:25 AM.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I see now - not sure there's enough room to mount it in the up position there though but that would work

92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

studs?

The one I got came with studs. It was oriented diagonally. The MPV had a pull on the back hatch. There was a weight on the lower left side. I undid three rod locks.

Is mine different than yours?

What year MPV was yours from?

Comment

you got the right one, i removed the studs

Comment

snagged another one

It was so nice today, I decided to take a stroll through the junk yard. I found another MPV. This time I took out the actuator in less than two minutes. Mr. Tunner, are you coming to Ohiostiva? I could bring the one in the photos for you.

Comment

Ok I wired it up, it works, yay.

Comment

It was so nice today, I decided to take a stroll through the junk yard. I found another MPV. This time I took out the actuator in less than two minutes. Mr. Tunner, are you coming to Ohiostiva? I could bring the one in the photos for you.
                        Yes that is the plan anyway - I would love to take that part off your hands at that time. Awesome.

92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

figured it out

There are two wires, a green and a red. When green is negative and red is positive, the arm goes out, when current flows the opposite way, the arm pulls in. So the solenoid, unlocks or locks only. It does not pop the hatch. That task is reserved for your five fingers.
                          I'll keep my eyes open for a lock cam with two rod holes.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Why do you need it to pop the lock and open the hatch? Are you removing your hatch handle? The hatch handle rod and the lock rod are perpendicular to each other so a single actuator making a single pull or push motion can't actuate both.

Are you looking for a lock cam with two holes so you dont have to clamp it like I did? that would be a cleaner install, and would also require a different mounting situation.

Comment

There are two wires, a green and a red. When green is negative and red is positive, the arm goes out, when current flows the opposite way, the arm pulls in. So the solenoid, unlocks or locks only. It does not pop the hatch. That task is reserved for your five fingers.
                              If you modify your latch bracket it could I can't explain it here but an show I can show you in may

92 GL - parts car
                              97 aspire - parts car
                              87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

So, basically you would still have to take your keys out to lock it again? This seems kinda pointless. I think Monsoon had the right idea about the shaving the handle and lock cylinder and just using it to actuate the handle linkage. Just my $.02 worth.
                                The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                                89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
                                X