help on making a new bumpers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on making a new bumpers.

hi. im a 16 year old kid who bought my 2nd festiva after loosing my first one on loose gravel and rolling it and bending the frame and cracking the block. i was wondering what a good way to make the front and rear bumpers more sporty. you know kids now days any ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Cody

but if you want to custom make some. google the directions.

Comment

One of the first festiva hot rodders was chopping crx bumpers & molding them to fit. Might be a start.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Here is my bumper, it's from an Isuzu Stylus.

Here is lanemeyer14's also from an Isuzu stylus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

i liek the white one with the izuzu stylus front bumper and stock back one looks awesome! was it a bolt in or had to cut and stuff like that>?

Comment

ya im hoping to find a bolt in cause im 16 and dont really have to tools or shop or money to do anything major. i have a spare bumpers from my old one i can use. just dont really know what to do

Comment

Hi Darnell. Using other cars' bumper covers will require some adaptation; some more than others. If I were you I'd search around this site for awhile and see what ideas you can get for your car. In the meantime I'd make sure you have all your mechanicals running right, with a good tune up and begin searching junkyards for a few spare parts and more ideas.

You'll learn a lot here and avoid making any serious mistakes while you plan your build. No tools? Start collecting them! Or find somewhere to borrow them, along with a place to work on your ride. Those will be well worth the effort. Don't think of Festivas as just "cars." Think of them as "education!" You will learn a lot from working on them.

There are some ideas around for adding a front air dam with cheap materials like lawn edging, or using a Chevy S-10 front air dam to put on a Festiva. Look around and welcome!

Karl
              Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-15-2010, 08:26 AM.
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                Hi Darnell. Using other cars' bumper covers will require some adaptation; some more than others. If I were you I'd search around this site for awhile and see what ideas you can get for your car. In the meantime I'd make sure you have all your mechanicals running right, with a good tune up and begin searching junkyards for a few spare parts and more ideas.

You'll learn a lot here and avoid making any serious mistakes while you plan your build. No tools? Start collecting them! Or find somewhere to borrow them, along with a place to work on your ride. Those will be well worth the effort. Don't think of Festivas as just "cars." Think of them as "education!" You will learn a lot from working on them.

There are some ideas around for adding a front air dam with cheap materials like lawn edging, or using a Chevy S-10 front air dam to put on a Festiva. Look around and welcome!

Karl
                Great post from the venerable Karl. Words of wisdom here.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Every car I've had has been an education. It got old at first. Then I started talking to people who have no "education" in the field, and I can't afford to be them, literally.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Ah! The "venerable Karl" (thanks Aaron!) realizes he made a mistake of identity. Your name's not "Darnell." It's Cody!

Sorry Cody!

How do your parents feel about your car interest? Are they supportive?

Sketchman's right about "education" on cars! Wait till you have had a shop mess something up, too!

"If you want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF!"

Much cheaper, too, and often, more convenient.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

maybe try a 1st gen mr2 lip? very easy to put on... i just used zap straps

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        Ah! The "venerable Karl" (thanks Aaron!) realizes he made a mistake of identity. Your name's not "Darnell." It's Cody!

Sorry Cody!

How do your parents feel about your car interest? Are they supportive?

Sketchman's right about "education" on cars! Wait till you have had a shop mess something up, too!

"If you want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF!"

Much cheaper, too, and often, more convenient.

Karl
                        Thanks Karl. and darnell is my last name. and my mom is very supportive. and i have a shop at our house that i can work in. its were my roller skate is. and thanks for the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                          maybe try a 1st gen mr2 lip? very easy to put on... i just used zap straps

Thanks sasquatch. i might have to try that.

Comment

sasquatch. how did you do your grill. ive seen others like it. but yours just looks a little different. Thanks, Cody

Comment

I've got another bumper swap project ready for whenever I get my car back
                              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
                              X