No announcement yet.

help on making a new bumpers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody, Where are you located? If you put it somewhere in the thread I must have missed it, I was just thinking if you get stuck on you bumper project or need help locating the bumper you want, someone may have seen one available at your local pick and pull.... just a thought....
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

you take a 88 or 89 grill and chop the center out, then fiberglass the cut/hole smooth, then bondo and paint... done

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Sasquatch,
        what is a Zap tie, do you mean zip tie?
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
          Sasquatch,
          what is a Zap tie, do you mean zip tie?
          Zap strap must be Canadian for zip tie
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Oh ya, its Canadian!! lol

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
            -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Originally posted by darnellracing View Post
              ya im hoping to find a bolt in cause im 16 and dont really have to tools or shop or money to do anything major. i have a spare bumpers from my old one i can use. just dont really know what to do
              16, jeesh at that age I had already owned 6 vehicles and performed 4 engine swaps!
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                Zap strap must be Canadian for zip tie
                i got in this VERY argument at the race track one day... the guy i was in the argument with was an american lol....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Cody,
                  Sorry to hear you rolled your car. Lapse of judgment or forces beyond your control? <grin>

ZAP TIE
                  We always called them Ty-Wraps. Why? Because.....
                  Cable ties were first invented by Thomas & Betts, an electrical company, in 1958 under the brand name Ty-Rap initially designed for airplane wire harnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
                    Cody,
                    Sorry to hear you rolled your car. Lapse of judgment or forces beyond your control? <grin>

ZAP TIE
                    We always called them Ty-Wraps. Why? Because.....
                    Cable ties were first invented by Thomas & Betts, an electrical company, in 1958 under the brand name Ty-Rap initially designed for airplane wire harnesses.
                    im still not sure exsactly what happened. i did all i could to help stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                      16, jeesh at that age I had already owned 6 vehicles and performed 4 engine swaps!
                      ya i also dont have a good shop or tools. i have pretty much nothing. i put all my money in my car. and if u dont have anything good to say. then frankly dont say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                        Cody, Where are you located? If you put it somewhere in the thread I must have missed it, I was just thinking if you get stuck on you bumper project or need help locating the bumper you want, someone may have seen one available at your local pick and pull.... just a thought....
                        im located in grinnell, iowa i though i put that but must have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by darnellracing View Post
                          ya i also dont have a good shop or tools. i have pretty much nothing. i put all my money in my car. and if u dont have anything good to say. then frankly dont say anything.
                          You don't need a good shop or tools for a festy. I'm working on mine under a tarp and for tools I use my dads Craftsman set but my chinese set that I carry in my car would work just fine. It's like $40 and comes with a basic set of sockets, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches and even two locking pliers.
                          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                            You don't need a good shop or tools for a festy. I'm working on mine under a tarp and for tools I use my dads Craftsman set but my chinese set that I carry in my car would work just fine. It's like $40 and comes with a basic set of sockets, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches and even two locking pliers.
                            ya working under a tarp in ca is just fine. working under a trap in 3 feet of snow and in 10 degree weather isnt fine. and ya im getting along fine. its just we dont have many tools. and frankly we dont have that much money. but u get along with what you have. and ya i could do an engine swap. but dont really wanna. and ive been using a lot of my step dads craftmans too. hopefully ill get my tool set i want for christmas so i dont have to be watched over by a greedy step dad...

Comment

as for tools i have been trolling the local pawnshops some have a box of missmatched unsorted stuff 10 bucs so hit yardsales and pawns youd be suprised my friend bill got a new engine lift for 25 bucs in box never used at a divorce yard sale and a 30 buc air compressor with 50 foot of hose and a whole box of air wrenches an stuff great deals are out there ..welcome to the world of festiva's and great mpg's
                              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                                as for tools i have been trolling the local pawnshops some have a box of missmatched unsorted stuff 10 bucs so hit yardsales and pawns youd be suprised my friend bill got a new engine lift for 25 bucs in box never used at a divorce yard sale and a 30 buc air compressor with 50 foot of hose and a whole box of air wrenches an stuff great deals are out there ..welcome to the world of festiva's and great mpg's
                                thanks, as for yard sales i have to wait till summer. and we dont have any pawn shops in my town so gotta talk the parents into taking me into the bigger towns. but thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X