Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FestivaReeds HID Conversion! (caution pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well we will see how it turns out, this is pretty much a fun project for me and i have a unlimited supply of broken headlights from work, so ill tinker and tinker and find something that works for me , and considering im a PA state inspection mechanic , i have a very good understanding of PASS/FAIL headlights. either way im having fun with this and im determined to make something work !
    Check out my HID Conversion in progress!

Comment

Go for it!
      Maybe you can come up with something that works really well and it fairly easy to install.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

waiting on new bulbs to come in should have them by wednesday

Comment

FestivaReed, they sell crystal clear Pride headlights on Alibaba.com that have the reflectors you're looking for.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

yea, not trying to buy 24

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaReed View Post
              yea, not trying to buy 24
              Aww, come on! Think about how bright it'd be!
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Might need to grab a bigger alternator, maybe the dual setup out of an ambulance...
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

^^ lol
                  Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                    all you are going to accomplish is blinding people as you drive....you could have saved all the hassle and just bought a plug and play kit from ebay.
                    Agree x100... And even with a plug and play kit, you're still going to blind everyone. If you want to do HID's, then do a retrofit and do it CORRECTLY. I've yet to see someone do it in the Festiva with the stock headlights... Someone did one in a custom headlight, but I can't remember if he ever finished them or not.

If your cutoff doesn't look like this, then you're doing it wrong (granted, it's a little high in this picture - I adjusted it down correctly after this shot):

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

nice
                      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

im not using projectors, look the STOCK headlight i took apart, did not use a projector lens or anything, it used a center diffuser, a clear non magnified outer lens and a diamond cut non magnifying pattern cut into the back, thus is why im trying to retro fit this and i have all the time to do it, so i will make it right , sooo to all you nay sayers !

Comment

got my bulbs in today , after i lay some sound deadener ill get some new pics up
                          Last edited by FestivaReed; 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

UPDATE :

New plan! . i happen to get a set of nissan maxima headlights without the ballasts, so i took them apart and whaaats this? HID with high beam flapper built in !!!! so i wired everything up and hmmm lows turn on the hid , and highs kick the flapper but turn my bulbs off....hmmm highdea! out a SPST (single pull single throw) relay in and boom! lows work and highs activate the flapper and light stays on! pics when its dark! , only 2 steps left with this HID project, use the spare 12v hot feed in my relay to feed a smaller relay connected to a rx7 factory fog switch connected to the fog lamps in the Maxima headlight unit so that when i turn the fog lights on they will come on but since the relay i used for my HIDs turns power off to the fogs when the high beam circuit is turned on !....anyways off on a tangent

... next is to cut the rear of the stock housing to fit the HID unit , and either find someone who has a clear lens for the housing or , possibly take the glass to somewhere that can make/sand the glass clear

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaReed View Post
                              use the spare 12v hot feed in my relay to feed a smaller relay connected to a rx7 factory fog switch connected to the fog lamps in the Maxima headlight unit so that when i turn the fog lights on they will come on but since the relay i used for my HIDs turns power off to the fogs when the high beam circuit is turned on
                              BREATHE! Then pics!

Comment

hahahaha
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X