No announcement yet.

question about 15's wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love those wheels on there, looks awesome, what brand are they?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
      Originally posted by rolla4me
      Originally posted by FestYboy
      well i can tell you from experiance, the 185/60/14s WILL rub the spring perch in the rear during cornering (6" rim w/ 35mm offset) unless you use the aspire rear struts.

if you have 14x6 rims w/ 38mm offset and 185/60/14 tires, then the tires will rub all the time using festy struts. no rubbing with the aspire struts.
      ok... can i use the FMS festiva springs to the Aspire Strut?
      YES, and if you go that route, i suggest you also find rims with 38-40mm offset so the tire will tuck under the rear fender during suspention jounce without anving to roll the lip excessivly.

kool! the rims that i bougth is +40 offsets.. then i'll go w/ aspire shocks w/ FMS festiva springs.. thanks!

Comment

Well, i bought me a use sets of 14's today. They are Sprint Hart CP.. Now, I need to do the Aspire conversion..

I'v got a set of wheels on my turbo festiva that are very similar to these. I got them on ebay, they are called Drag DR-16's and they are 15x7. They fit perfectly on my festiva with KYB GR-2 Aspire struts front and back, FMS Aspire lowering springs with 3 coils cut off each side in the rear, a manual Aspire break upgrade front and back with Toyo Proxes T1R tires 195/45/15. I have absolutley no rubbing or clearence issues what so ever however I do spin threw 4th geat so a bigger tire is desired.

Comment

^--What offset are you running on those?
          The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket
            +40

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket
              +40
              That sounds right.

Comment

So that means I could use a 15X7 wheel in a 35mm offset (that would put the wheel further from the shock towers if I am not mistaken) without rubbing the spring perch; but I guess I may have clearance issues with the fenders, correct? I am asking a lot of questions about wheels lately because I finally found a wheel that I want really badly, and the only size they got that's closest to fitting a Festiva is 15X7 in a 35mm offset. If the only clearance issue could be rubbing the fenders, I'd more than happily cut them out and put fender flares to run these wheels:

I would take the gunmetal with polished lip version... :love4:
                The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

hmmmmmmmm looks like Rota RB

Comment

Dead right. One of the best looking wheels IMO...

Comment

Working...
                    X