Rear kyb strut Diameter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear kyb strut Diameter??

Im working on a complete custom suspension setup on the front, but the rear will be the same as advanceddynamix in advanced suspension mods
    I will be posting a thread with pictures n all once I have all the parts and can get started

Im trying to find out what the Diameter of the Rear Kyb Excel-G Gr-2 festiva struts are.. to get the right sized coilover sleeve, searched a lot but havent been able to find out.
    Hopefully someone here may know or be able to take a measurement, I know they are either 36mm or 1-5/8inch.
    I want to order all the parts but I dont know this one thing

any help is appreciated
    thanks

Ok well i am just a little excited about getting the parts I need, i jumped the gun on asking about this...
    I’ve found out I am going to go with mikemonlio’s ultimate street suspension for the rear.
    Just as a peek into my front suspension setup I have some adjustable koni cut a strut inserts. For which I am welding up some some strut sleeves with brackets to attach to the steering knuckle. Ordering the coilover kits and springs from southwest speed. Once I have those parts I can complete the front suspension and get started on my engine swap

i will start my build thread once I get all my parts

Comment

The original "advanced suspension" from many years ago used the shortened stock KYBs, but that has long been replaced by using the MK1 VW rear struts.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Hello Tyler- I just got new KYBs GR2 gas,still in the boxes. (going stock on my '92).
        Rears are 1 5/8 inch diameter = 38+ mm. Shaft is 1/2" diameter or 12+ mm.
        Front s are 1.8" diameter = 45 mm. Shafts are about 18mm or just under 3/4 inch.
        Hope that helps - Bruce

Comment

Thanks for takin your time to do that Bruce, but I’ve ordered the parts a little while ago and got the coilovers put on my car already. I went with the ultimate street suspension setup for the rear

Comment

Working...
          X