Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
    Hey Big,
    I run 13x5 Colt wheels with 165r70 13 Hercules tires on my 93GL. Never a problem, but if you want some alloys new @ $65 each, check these out.

Scoll down till you see the Highlighted wheel, its the size you're looking for.

Chuck
    Chuck, that's an awesome website and I like those rims. I've been watching the pull-a-part for cars but everytime I get there the rims are gone. Seem to be a hot commodity lately. This looks like a good option. Thanks
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
      BigWheel.... Have you tried "Sears" by chance? Their website shows 14 possible for 175/70-13. Hope this helps.
      Never thought to check Sears. I forgot they have a tire/auto center a mile from my office. Good suggestion. Thanks
      '02 F-150 Supercrew
      '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

Question for you experts out there: Several of you guys are running wheels/tires quite a bit larger than OE. I have a couple of concerns including the odometer/speedometer and brake problems. By increasing the wheel/tire size significantly aren't you creating problems for the stock brake system (I'm trying to stay with stock brakes for money sake)? How do you overcome the potential for brake problems and the odo/speedometer issues?
        '02 F-150 Supercrew
        '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

The variance is going to depend on the tire you choose. Everyone here running larger tire I believe are seeing a 3 - 5 mph difference from stock tire. In otherwords if youre speedo says youre doing 60 its actually closer to 55 - 58mph. As far as braking. On my 90 and 91, I ran LARGE 13s (Dont ask me what size I dont remember)on it and I didnt have any trouble stopping unless it was a panic stop, then forget it, the stock brakes would lock up everytime.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I just found, or woke up to, another option which is a 195/50/15 on a 15x6.5 rim. The circumference is not much larger than the 165/70/12s I run now. These tires are everywhere and not all are very expensive. If anyone on here is running this size tire I would love to get your input.
            '02 F-150 Supercrew
            '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheel View Post
              Am I the only person on this site that is, or has been, dazed and confused by tire size issues????
              I've been completely confused with wheel and tire size fitments. There's just so much information to keep track of, you kind of start losing your mind lol.

I was biting my nails last night while my new wheels and tires were being mounted and balanced. Luckily they fit! Almost no rubbing at all. It only rubs when there is a load in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by spiko View Post
                I've been completely confused with wheel and tire size fitments. There's just so much information to keep track of, you kind of start losing your mind lol.

I was biting my nails last night while my new wheels and tires were being mounted and balanced. Luckily they fit! Almost no rubbing at all. It only rubs when there is a load in the back.
                So you used the 195/45/14 what wheel are you using?
                ROBc

Comment

Working...
                X