No announcement yet.

Camber Plates Please: To the Phillipiens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and as long as its based around the stock festy upper mount it should work with many spring/strut combos, right? im buying teins (which use the stock upper rubber mount) and would be very interested in a set of camber plates to add to my setup. the others who went in on the group buy (i have 2 others) might be interested as well.

Comment

Just wanted to resurrect this really old thread. Did anyone ever make a prototype set?

Comment

I should think a camber plate for Festivas would also work on Aspires and '01 & most '02 Rios. I think all these cars have essentially the same strut mount dimensions.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Not far from where I work there is a laser cutting place that I'm sure could easily cut out some camber plates if you made up a drawing with dimensions, even if it's hand drawn, I can give the measurements to my boss and he can make it up a CAD drawing to send to the laser cutters to have them made up and I can ship them out, just an option for ya

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yeah but the cost of a one off piece would be pricey I bet.

Comment

The prices would be fairly cheap, once the CAD drawing is done (which my boss would do for free) the laser cutters just cut it out following the CAD drawing, and their rates are pretty reasonable I believe

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i made some.... easy to make, i cut them out with a jig saw lol... if someone has a flowjet they could make them for real cheap...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

maybe this would help!only the upper view of the camber plate..this a festiva from kia pride club-philippines..they call it a baby rocket...
                  "i am the difference":cheers:

Comment

Sasquatch what did you use for a bearing so they don't bind? And what top hat is on the springs? Look great, would love a set like that if you have dimensions or anything.

Logan

Comment

Hey chris i asked fred a while ago he drew one up in cad, he said he would draw another one up he just needed some dimensions of the top hat mount, have you talked to fred lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                        Sasquatch what did you use for a bearing so they don't bind? And what top hat is on the springs? Look great, would love a set like that if you have dimensions or anything.

Logan
                        didnt use a bearing... its just a ebay kit and the top hat is just like a 1/2 inch thick piece of aluminum flat on top... if i remember ill get some measurements for you...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                          Hey chris i asked fred a while ago he drew one up in cad, he said he would draw another one up he just needed some dimensions of the top hat mount, have you talked to fred lately?
                          I've never actually talked with Fred directly, we've sent only a few pm's back and forth

Comment

Cucso made some. Right ricky
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Hey Mike, those are really simple looking. I didn't know you could go without using the strut mounts, though. No binding issues?

Okay, thinking about it:

When the knuckles turn, the strut rod turns inside the strut body, right? Would this produce undue wear inside the strut itself, creating sealing issues or reducing longevity?

I have no idea, but the thought of dropping the weight of the strut mounts is certainly enticing. It would give a firmer ride, getting rid of the rubber isolating material in the mounts, though.

Karl
                              Last edited by Safety Guy; 01-07-2011, 10:13 AM.
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                                Cucso made some. Right ricky
                                I have a set of Cusco's. Matt Swabb was gonna draw them up, don't think he ever did.
                                Brian
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                                X