No announcement yet.

Camber Plates Please: To the Phillipiens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you pay for a proper built set? They cannot be flat, so they have to be 2 piece with a spherical bearing, Do you want them to fit the factory shaft size?

Let me know. if there is good interest we can make them.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
      Hey Mike, those are really simple looking. I didn't know you could go without using the strut mounts, though. No binding issues?

Okay, thinking about it:

When the knuckles turn, the strut rod turns inside the strut body, right? Would this produce undue wear inside the strut itself, creating sealing issues or reducing longevity?

I have no idea, but the thought of dropping the weight of the strut mounts is certainly enticing. It would give a firmer ride, getting rid of the rubber isolating material in the mounts, though.

Karl
      the strut rod turns inside the shock like that from the factory... it wont cause any more wear than using the factory mounts....

the ride is a bit harder but if you have coilovers the ride is allready harder and i dont think you will be able to tell lol.... i dont think it will work with factory springs....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
        I have a set of Cusco's. Matt Swabb was gonna draw them up, don't think he ever did.
        you guyshave to rub it in my face??????
        evogun
        id pay 2-250 for a set

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
          evogun
          id pay 2-250 for a set
          That's fine, would you want it raw aluminum or anodized(have to look into this, as it increases cost)

Thanks

Comment

I know some anno places but they're in the U.S. I'll ask some buddies on a paintball website of you'd like.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

if you can anodize in that price great if not i can settle with raw aluminum, i could powder coat it down the road

Comment

I'd be leery of having aluminum structural component powder coated. I'd make sure that the place used low temp (~300*) curing powder since aluminum becomes brittle when heated to around 400*F. On the other hand TYPE 3 "hard" annodizing doesn't effect the integrity of the material and is fairly scratch resistant especially a dust finish.
                Last edited by anomoly40; 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

scope this, might be worht buying and adding the studs

Comment

^^Those look nice, you gonna try a set?
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

mine are about 6.5 by 5 so those would be a bit small.... they need to be oval shaped to fit right...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

The other problem is, that the mounting point of the strut shaft is higher than the plate. Needs a custom mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                          Can't spell Phillipiens.

Okay we have seen a few festiva (pride, 121) from the phillipiens with camber plates on teh front, can any of you guys from over there get any sets or tell us what they came on? I really need a set now, but I don't want to custome make them, because I will probably screw it up.

Logan
                          dude, it's philippines.

if you can get hold of high grade aluminum blocks and a CNC mill, plus some spherical bearings, you're done. but existing adjustable mounts for other cars could be retrofitted with mods on the chassis tower.

the struts used were not stock anymore.

the poor man's resort for camber correction here would be to file off the upper hole on the mounts for the knuckles.
                          http://kiaprideclub.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Working...
                          X