Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered a coilover conversion, lets hope it works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wont be, they will be right against the originals. They will just act as centering spacers. If you made a collar to center the smaller diameter springs on the original top hat you wouldn't need them at all...........Do you have the original struts out yet?
    ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Sucks they screwed you over with the plastic tophats, even though they pictured aluminum ones in the auction photo. I'm getting ready to order a set for myself but I've made sure all the ones I'm thinking of ordering state in the description that aluminum tophats are included
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I wouldnt trust that seller that I got it from he'll just send you whatever. I got a dispute on him now so hopefully I can get my money back for them plus shipping. Because this is ridiculous considering it says "You will receive the item pictured."
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

This an eBay spring with the original top hat.

It's on the sticky in the suspension forum.
          ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

I just have the original top hats with a rubber washer to make it not metal to metal.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

^^^^^That was my point with using the plastic hats supplied, to keep it from being metal to metal.

Comment

you have to use the stock tophats with either the plastic or aluminum ones. The aluminum ones are naturally much more preferable... but since you got screwed into the plastic ones they will work. If they give out your spring will be somewhat loose inside the stock tophat but it won't be 'catastrophic'. If you weld in some keepers to hold the spring inside the stock tophat you could prolly throw away the plastic ones all together... but i would still cut a rubber ring or something to put between the top of the spring on the tophat.

Riding on those rock hard springs will be fine till you can save up for better... but like everyone has said, they are rock hard :p on a smooth road you'll be iight for a while though.
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I welded the stock top had to the spring to keep it centered (rear) otherwise it shifts around and makes funky loud noises going in and out of parking lots that make ppl stare lol. All the cheap kits come with that plastic trash, no biggie.

Comment

yea i bought a set of these off a friend which he had bought off ebay and put em on my neon and wow holy crap were they horriable but i only gave em 50 bux for em so i didnt really loose much at all.....a loss is a loss

Comment

Yeah the main problem is this, I bought a kit with metal top hats and he gave me plastic, I don't care if i get a metal on metal noise or not. I have a pending suit on the guy right now for item significantly different than listed so we will see how that goes.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                      X