No announcement yet.

Rio struts installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible slight performance increase as the Rio is a heavier car.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
      your antenna is missing a screw lol i like the look with the springs not cut, but thats just me
      So did all the older hotrod guys at the Friday night cruise I go to sometimes, but like I said, the angle was too much on the axle, and destroyed it... lol.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        So did all the older hotrod guys at the Friday night cruise I go to sometimes, but like I said, the angle was too much on the axle, and destroyed it... lol.
        i read that but i didnt put 2 and 2 together.. lol.

Comment

Russ yours looks pretty stock.

I gotta ask though, been wondering for a long time, what are your rims and caps from?

Ohh and heres what I did today. Made a lucky guesstimate
          Wheels and caps are off an early 1960's Falcon. Same bolt pattern as the Festiva. Aspire springs and struts.

Good job on the cutting O' the coils. My guess is that if someone were to run the Rio struts stock and used Aspire CV shafts it may work alright as far as the length is concerned.

Comment

I thought those were old Falcon wheels/hubcaps. My grandfather had a 62 with wheels like that.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

The height is perfect I think. It was a bit high at first but after the suspension loaded up a bit it came down. Its still cushy too, not harsh at all over bumps like the cut festy springs. Shouldn't rub either. Theres more body roll than with the festy springs but its also a good bit higher. An aspire sway bar should help fix that.

There was a casualty from my 4x4 festiva misadventure, my driver side axle. The boot is shredded and all the grease is flung all over under there. Its getting replaced under warranty Im guessing too much angle and it was pulled outward too far.
              Hello bhazard. I'm thinking about doing the Rio struts on front of my Festiva. Are you still liking this set up, it seems you've been running it several months?

Are the rear tires in your pics the same diameter as the front? If not, how much difference in diameters?

I'll try to post some pics of my "Festus", it looks very similar to your car.
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Yes the setup is still pretty good, pretty firm but not too harsh. A good cheap way to get some real suspension.

At the time I was running 15" capri wheels in the front and 13" metro wheels in the back. The reason was I had the big capri brakes in the front and could only fit 14" or bigger, and in the back I didnt have the necessary aspire struts to fit the 195/50/15 tire.

At the time, the car was running too
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

and in the back I didnt have the necessary aspire struts to fit the 195/50/15 tire.
                  I've had 195/50/15's on a stock festiva before, stock suspension etc. mind you they were a very very tight fit :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You musta had some crazy offset wheels or big spacers cause there was absolutely no way they coulda fit on there. I even ground as much spring perch away as I could.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

You musta had some crazy offset wheels or big spacers cause there was absolutely no way they coulda fit on there. I even ground as much spring perch away as I could.
                      Just 1/4 inch spacers, thats it, the offset wasn't anything un-usual, click here for pics

Enter your Festiva, Aspire, 121 or Pride. Everyone has a chance, enter as often as you like!
                      Last edited by Damkid; 09-13-2010, 06:37 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                      X