Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coil-overs from mk2-3 golf on festiva write up (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So all you had to do was redrill the front lower where it bolts to the hub and drill out the top hat a little bit? Those wheels look really good on there!

ed
    '90 Festiva L Plus-toy
    '94 Impreza 2.0T-fast
    '97 Hardbody-lowered dd
    '05 CRF50-pain bringer

Comment

Originally posted by squeethebee View Post
      So all you had to do was redrill the front lower where it bolts to the hub and drill out the top hat a little bit? Those wheels look really good on there!

ed
      For the front yes all i had to do was drill new hole and drill out top hat a bit. the rears i had to grind the bottom bushing a bit so it would slide in.
      BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

wow those look great i cant wait to hear how they ride... and seeing them at westiva

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

where the lower bolt mounts in the rear you said you had to grind a bit off the sides of the bushings to get them to slide in because they were too wide? was the sleeve inside of the bushing the same internal diameter as one in a oem style festy/aspire strut ( so it wont clunk over bumps? im considering the purchase of a set of these for my aspire. I know you mentioned an obvious alignment was needed, just a thought ive seen the adjustable camm bolt kit available on ebay and i think even moog makes one to replace one of the strut to knuckle bolts to provide a camber adjustment. i just thought id mention it if it were helpful for you
          Tim
          '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
          '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
          '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
          '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
          '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
          '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
          '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
          '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire SVT View Post
            where the lower bolt mounts in the rear you said you had to grind a bit off the sides of the bushings to get them to slide in because they were too wide? was the sleeve inside of the bushing the same internal diameter as one in a oem style festy/aspire strut ( so it wont clunk over bumps? im considering the purchase of a set of these for my aspire. I know you mentioned an obvious alignment was needed, just a thought ive seen the adjustable camm bolt kit available on ebay and i think even moog makes one to replace one of the strut to knuckle bolts to provide a camber adjustment. i just thought id mention it if it were helpful for you
            Right now i'm in the process of finding somthing to shim the rear bolt because the diameter is different. I think I have a idea to fix my problem and I will post info on that later to. Plus by tomorrow I will have a go-pro HD movie and that way everyone can see how it drives.

Comment

Is there not a coil over kit that is a straight fit?

You car looks awesome btw, I wasn't sure about the wheels, but I take it back. "old skool" 5 stars are look awesome.
              Last edited by Kofkof_00; 06-14-2010, 10:34 PM.
              Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

These look interesting!
                Have owned 9 so far
                White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Any updates on youre alignment?

Comment

Yes everything looks good I have been busy for last bit. I should have time to post the videos soon and some more info on what you also have to do.

Comment

Wow! Thanks....I just bought one set 2

Comment

i had this same idea! glad to know everything i think of isn't completely undoable...just most of it
                        feels like the sky is gonna fall down and crush me

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                          Wow! Thanks....I just bought one set 2
                          thats awesome if you have any questions pm me also im editing the movie i promised right now should be up tonight.

Comment

I have a set of these laying around in the garage (real mk3 guys hate them)... i just need a festy to put them on. How many threads do you have left up front and rear ?
                            Autocratic...
                            Buy these dope wheelshttp://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4193133

Comment

I have some more pics of when I did this awhile back, if it helps anyone...

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ghlight=ksport
                              Last edited by BUSTIVA; 07-12-2010, 01:34 AM.
                              '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

POSTMAN! I ordered the Raceland setup and am going to do this as well. We needs zee updates!
                                1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                                1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                                2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Working...
                                X