aspire vs festiva control arm ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire vs festiva control arm ??

I have heard the aspire lower control arm is longer then the festiva but were is the differanace added, inside or outside the sway bar bushing??
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
    I have heard the aspire lower control arm is longer then the festiva but were is the differanace added, inside or outside the sway bar bushing??
    I would think outside because people have hooked them up without issue as far as bolting them in.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Right, outside.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Outside is great. minigun has adjustable camber plates but I have to almost max them out toward the inside to get neutral camber, with longer lower control arms it would help me get a small amount of negative camber and center the camber plates. I guess Ill give them a try.
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

cool....I hope they help
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Good graphic depiction, Nate.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks skeeter ! now if I could find an aspire sway bar
                money pit

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                  ohhhh....they are opposite what I would have thought from all that have been installed by mistake.
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!

Comment

No prob!

I want to see 'er on the road already...
                    ~Nate

Current cars:
                    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

do people get more neg camber with this setup? this is awesome! great info!

Comment

Do an inspection of the taper on the ball joint end. It seems to me I read somewhere, that may have a different angle as well. It would be good to find that out right now as well.
                        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

festyfreak, if you do this w/ your stock axles they will pop out of the trany, and I'm pretty sure if you use the aspire axles they are still too long, so you'd need a custom axle.

iceracer I'm pretty sure they are the same on the BJ end... i could measure them if someone needs it.
                          ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                            Do an inspection of the taper on the ball joint end. It seems to me I read somewhere, that may have a different angle as well. It would be good to find that out right now as well.
                            I know there is a differance in the outer tie rod ends I think is one is tapered at 7 and the other at 10 degrees
                            money pit

Comment

^^correct.

Also, the ball joints are not tapered, so maybe you were thinking of rod ends iceracer?

Furthermore, I was just thinking, since everyone that does an aspire swap (including myself several times) uses festy LCA's in aspire knuckles with no issues they must be the same diameter. Its raining like crazy here so I haven't run out measured them but there isn't really any reason too; I'm sure they are the same.
                              ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X