Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KYB GR2's/FMS Springs vs. MK2 Coilovers. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would have to ask Roger from FMS about the length of the springs. Goodluck with him anwering the phone or responding to an email. About swaybars, there was a post of someone adding a bar to the rear beam and stating that it stiffened the rear. Adding a second bar to the aspire rear will stiffen up the rear and reduce understeer. I rarely drive fast enough to induce under/oversteer. Adding an aspire front bar will make the car more enjoyable for normal driving since there will be less body roll. Adding the larger engine/trans will change the balance as well. Perhaps adding the aspire front sway and rear beam along with a second rear bar would be a good set-up. You could change the second bar in the rear with a thicker one until you find the balance that you like. Kinda the same concept as in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xr7ktz1_as
    Last edited by angrygocart; 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

You will find information on the threaded beam from my build thread on page three, or through Tom's link to Leapin's conquest.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
        Ty, non-daily driver as in not my work car. I drive 70 miles round trip and don't want to drive my B6T car. I plan on it just being my B6T "nice" Festiva. Autocross and strip occasionally.

Postman, I am using your write up as a guide so if there are any tricks I may need to know in advance would be useful. How do the rears handle larger wheels? Need spacers?
        You wont need spacers for the rear right now i have 14'' wheels on car with no problem.
        BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
          You wont need spacers for the rear right now i have 14'' wheels on car with no problem.
          Depends on what 14" wheels tho. The Miata 14s are narrower (5 1/2"?) than my 6" wide Estrellas.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

its all about offset and wheel width there is a good calculator for it in a stickied thread.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
            X