No announcement yet.

Buying a aspire brake swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just paid 225 for mine that was trailing arm and front spindles and front sway bar so you got a good deal.
    1991 stiva.

Comment

if it's a 5 speed, the trans will give you better acceleration and it's a bit stronger, the rear struts allow for more choice in tire/wheel fitment.
      the aspire used a MAF system which aftermarket ECUs prefer to use...

and a few other things.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        if it's a 5 speed, the trans will give you better acceleration and it's a bit stronger, the rear struts allow for more choice in tire/wheel fitment.
        the aspire used a MAF system which aftermarket ECUs prefer to use...

and a few other things.
        I am not sure if it is a auto or 5 speed, but that is good to know!

Now the guy wont email me back...

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

if it's auto, that means slightly larger brakes.

keep trying to get it, never loose hope! lol
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Here's the link to it, hope he emails me back, my buddy has some nice 14" rims that would look so good on my festy!

Comment

I've done the Aspire swap. Take the sway bar AND brackets, the knuckles, including hubs, the rear beam in it's entirety including the e-brake cable and make SURE you use the Aspire brake lines! Don't cut them, because it's necessary. The sway bar is 40% thicker. If you do install the sway bar, remember to drain the coolant system to pull the lower hose so you can trim it up a little so it doesn't rub or you will dump antifreeze on the highway. Oh and grab the spare if he has one!
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                I've done the Aspire swap. Take the sway bar AND brackets, the knuckles, including hubs, the rear beam in it's entirety including the e-brake cable and make SURE you use the Aspire brake lines! Don't cut them, because it's necessary. The sway bar is 40% thicker. If you do install the sway bar, remember to drain the coolant system to pull the lower hose so you can trim it up a little so it doesn't rub or you will dump antifreeze on the highway. Oh and grab the spare if he has one!
                SWEET! that was alot more than I planned on taking but totally worth it!

Comment

is it two door or four door?

two door stuff to get:

gas tank with filler neck, pump and sending unit (wiring is different...I need to do a search or figure a way to swap the connectors for the tank seal / pump mount)
                  complete exhaust
                  anything else I'm missing for 2 door?

non-two door specific:
                  brake booster adds a little braking power too but if your festy is a stick have fun getting it in. it's very doable but a huge PITB!
                  e-brake cable (excellent upgrade - also is insulated!)
                  front seats (have to swap the cushions over to the festiva rails but make good upgrades)
                  look for a hatch/gas door popper down by the floor/drivers seat (if it has that let us know)

are you getting the struts too along with the suspension, sway bar, etc?

if you can get the sway bar make sure you keep all the bushings and the two metal plates under the front of the car as they're bigger than the festiva's but bolt right up. I haven't done it yet but I looked it over when I carried my swap outta the PickNSave

make sure you also get the outer tie rod ends for an aspire swap (if in good shape)
                  Last edited by walth; 03-04-2011, 11:05 PM.
                  Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

If you get the Aspire Transmission, Make sure you get the front mount too. The Festiva one won't work. I tried the Festy one all kinds of ways, it'll never fit. The Aspire one will bolt to the trans with only two bolts, but works perfectly.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Devon, did you ever get these parts? The link is now gone.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        Devon, did you ever get these parts? The link is now gone.

Karl
                        The guy won't call me back or email me back either. I know he still has it, he's been trying to sell it and part it out for over a year

Comment

Wow.

If you know where he is, go visit him with some money and your tools.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

give him 50 bucks for the whole car and tow it home! there is a lot to gain from tearing apart a car you won't use and you get lots of parts to put on your own festiva or use as spares
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                              Wow.

If you know where he is, go visit him with some money and your tools.

Karl
                              Unfortunately I don't know where he lives, all i know is Arlington

Originally posted by walth View Post
                              give him 50 bucks for the whole car and tow it home! there is a lot to gain from tearing apart a car you won't use and you get lots of parts to put on your own festiva or use as spares
                              I think he wanted 300 for the whole car, if he gets back to me I just might offer to buy the whole thing

Comment

Something that I would want if I were you is the head. I believe all Aspires have roller rockers.

I really hope you're able to get it!

Comment

Working...
                                X