Installed Camber Plates!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    hmmm i'm at -2.4* in the front with the FMS springs and no camber bolts with the Capri swap in Scrappy. maybe a capri swap is something you should look into with camber bolts and you should be able to get -3.5-4* per side and better brakes to boot.
    Whats a Camber bolt?
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by floydiancomplex View Post
      They both do lean slightly back towards the center of the car. This was done intentionally as to give addition caster which help a MacPherson Strut gain negative camber upon compression. I knew
      I'd pretty much be running them maxed anyway so I set them up to give a bit more caster. Toe is
      affected anytime an adjustment is made either way because you are moving the strut body in or
      out. The strut is attached to the Hub which in turn is connected to the tie rod so any adjustment
      Caster change aside will affect Toe.
      If you add caster,its going to make the steering feel sluggish in the tighter corners but better at high speed. So hopefully the Strut compression you are trying to overcome and the caster you are adding dont cancel each other out. Because if the strut aint compressed now you have more caster which you might not like. But its all good,I like people who arent afraid to try stuff. Good stuff Man-Thomas

Comment

camber bolt: and offset eccentric bolt that replaces one of the standard bolts on a strut/knuckle connection. it allows for camber adjustment where there wouldn't normaly be any.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

camber bolt: and offset eccentric bolt that replaces one of the standard bolts on a strut/knuckle connection. it allows for camber adjustment where there wouldn't normaly be any.
          Ahh Thanks for the clarification Festboy. I remember reading about it now,you have 2 options right? You can flip the bolt and gain an additional .5 or 1 deg. neg camber? But after re-reading your post. It sounds like simply using a standard bolt will give you even more?
          Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-29-2011, 06:47 AM.

Comment

potentially, yes, but that bolt had better be grade 8 or higher and have snug fitting washers.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

potentially, yes, but that bolt had better be grade 8 or higher and have snug fitting washers.
              Sorry I was thinking of the upr strut mount plate that you can rotate 180. Yes I see now what you were telling me all along :banghead:
              Are there any deg marks on the head of the camber bolt or do you just use a camber gauge to tell what your set at? Where did you pick yours up at? And @ how much deg variance did it give you Festboy?Thanks for the help-

Comment

use a camber gauge. didn't need any yet but can easily find them on the 'bay. remember that Scrappy is already at -2.4* per side. that's pleanty for the street. lol

Comment

use a camber gauge. didn't need any yet but can easily find them on the 'bay. remember that Scrappy is already at -2.4* per side. that's pleanty for the street. lol
                  CoolBeanzand thanks for the good info my man.Thomas-

Comment

Working...
                  X