Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally getting tires for my wheels!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^yes sir i think i will and see what happens the police officers that i talked to said it wouldnt fall under that because its not electric they said it shouldnt be any different that a vehicle wrap or putting reflective vinyl on a car.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

ordered the paint yesterday and im hoping it gets here before the tires so it has time to cure
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I can't wait to see it. Glow in the dark paint ftw
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

well its taking alot longer than i thought (but what else is new) because i ordered only two cans of paint but i have one whole wheel done so i thought is show some pics

heres the original wheel before prep and prime

heres the white prime base coat

me and my wife just havign a fun photo shoot

and finally here is the finished product!!!!! i couldnt get a good glow pic but ill try again i forgot to put the camera on the rite light setting

i masked off one spoke and put funbox on it because thats what everybody calls the festiva. so anyway theres the update. the other cans are on the way i bought 8 this time so there will be 0% failure!!!
          Last edited by bobbyspider; 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

looks good! did you look into studs and mag lugs yet?
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

getting them this weekend bro and you can get your tires/wheels back finaly

Comment

got some pics of my car in the daylight with the wheels on finally! ill take some night pics tonight with the wheels glowing hopefully. talk about a tight fit i had to beat and roll multiple times to get them under there i dont know the offset but im sure its rwd. i still have rubbing issues especially in the rear and especially when i have more than myself in the car! i will still need to beat and roll some more i already tore into one of my rear tires because of it then beat the fender alittle more but without further wait here is the funbox with new shooze car is alittle dirty and i havnt cleaned up the adhesive that held on the molding that i decided to take off so forgive me

By kidriddlin at 2011-06-15

Last edited by bobbyspider; 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

^Love! Just went through the entire thread real quick. How does the glow paint work? How much did you spend on paint to do them? Clearcoat them? This inspired me to get a little wild with my wheels
                  Last edited by lanemeyer14; 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM.
                  "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

heres the link to the site where i bought from they have a plethera of colors and color options white that glows green, red, purple... white that glows green, red, blue... blue on blue green on green... $9 dollars per 4oz can. alittle expensive but worth it about 2 cans per wheel i got 2 left over for touch up or other stuff they sent me 1 free for ordering so many. simply let it get some light preferably sun for at least 15 min and they charge and glow. i didnt use clear because there is uv blocker in clear coat if you do use clear they recomend the cheapest possible clear because cheap stuff usually has less uv blocker.

Comment

you know Bobby, maybe if you had a real suspention you wouldn't bottom out so much :p
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^tru that i need to get some del sol springs... now where would i find a set of those layin around...

Comment

what kind of tires did you get and from where? ive got 185 60's on my car and im rubbing on large bumps, shredding the rear tires pretty good

Comment

165 60 from onlinetire.com but like i said my offset is rediculous take the rear off and beat the lip on the fender in that should do it but makesure you go all the way around the fender not just most i found out the hard way that i should of
                            Last edited by bobbyspider; 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

yeah, i rolled the fenders with a fender rolling tool. and even cut the inside lip of the bumper back and hammered the body seam up, but it still rubs, doesn't help I'm on 2.5 inch cut springs.

Comment

looks awesome by the way, really love the old school flavour those wheels give it.

(whats on the roof of your car)

Comment

Working...
                                X