Best wheels for speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perucho View Post
    I think the 15" phone-dial Mini Cooper wheels would look awesome on a Festiva. They only weigh 12 pounds and nobody has done it yet! They are 15"x5.5" with a 4x100mm bolt pattern so you need to have the Aspire brake swap. You can find them on Craigslist all the time really cheap.
    I think it has been done before, just can't remember the member's name
    Edit: Found it but I don't think they're the wheels you were talking about....
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 06-21-2011, 06:52 PM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^ Yeah, those are definitely not the ones I was talking about. The "phone dials" are the 7-hole wheels, and the only ones that are considerably light.
      Oscar

Comment

^ Yeah, those are definitely not the ones I was talking about. The "phone dials" are the 7-hole wheels, and the only ones that are considerably light.
        93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
        98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
        98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

LOL http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2436945995.html

I want those but not for 420 bucks. Multi lug pattern too.
          Last edited by getnpsi; 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I want civic vx wheels. Those xxr wheels ^ are good lookin.

Comment

^Yeah, vx rims are really light.
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
                Nope on those too I bet you those steel wheels weight a lot more than 12 pounds! These are the ones I'm talking about:

Oscar

Comment

if those "phone dials" came in black i know i would be the first with my filthy hands all over them.

Comment

Brayy, if you can get 'em cheap, you can paint 'em cheap! I do think they'd look nice in black--with a silver rim.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you'd have to enlarge the centerbore to fit an Aspire hub. I remember checking them out a long time ago.

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 06-23-2011, 04:04 AM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

For sure.. i want some Moonies (Smoothies) powder coated in black or a dark grey with possibly the silver rim.

Comment

I freakin' love those wheels! They're 15x5.5?
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

^I saw 3 of those mini wheels for sale at a thrift store a while back!

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                            ^I saw 3 of those mini wheels for sale at a thrift store a while back!
                            For how much?
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Those MINI "phone dials" look really nice. If they really are only 12 pounds each, you can't lose.

At 15 X 5.5" they should fit fine. Okay, I was wrong about the centerbore. Here is a page I just found with MINI wheel info:

The R81 seven spoke "phone dial" wheels are also known as "holies." They are made by Imola (I think?) and weigh about 12 pounds, with a 56.1mm centerbore and a 45mm offset. They came in silver and white.

Now for a good tire size to run on them...

Tires easy has the following 15" sizes:

-three in 155/60
                              -a Conti in 165/60
                              -a Federal FD1 in 165/50 and 165/45
                              -one Nexen in 175/50
                              -SIX in 175/55!
                              -over fifteen in 185/55

Now with some quick and dirty figgering, I find the last one to be about 24mm taller than stock. So...

I think my choice would probably be this Nexen in 175/50-15:

This size should be about 12mm taller than the stock Festiva ride height, about like running 165/70-13s in terms of height.

These wheels could work very well, since they're not too wide and nice and LIGHT. If you like the big wheel look but want a practical size, this may be near perfect, especially with my quick choice of the 175/50-15 Nexen.

Karl
                              Last edited by Safety Guy; 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM.
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                                For how much?
                                I think they were like $10-12 apiece. I didn't buy them cause I figured it would be a pain to track down a 4th

Comment

Working...
                                X