No announcement yet.

17" rims and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the welcome. I always checked this forum for cool how to do stuff. And finally had to join. Lots of cool people to help with stuff

Comment

Test fit no tires. The butt dent in the rear quarter was there before I got the car, I guessing they got a flat and didnt have a jack

Comment

dont know how to properly insert pics. its in my profile album.

Comment

Umm now imagine it with the coils compressed with the weight of the car , plus you in it.

And tires.

Thats gonna be a stretch.

Comment

I like that style of rim, hopefully you don't have too much clearance issues once you get tires on it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Gonna have to raise the coilovers about 1/2" and cross fingers, the coilovers dont really move with the car loaded so Im gonna hope. Im not gonna chop anything and a fender roller isnt gonna help. Should have at least 2 tires in about a week so yeah...here go something

Comment

Lowpinto, you need a set of flares, and radius the wheel wells. That should do it for you.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Any updates on this yet?

Comment

been working and havent had time to get the tires. I found the tire size I need though its a 165/40-17 and they are $170 each. Waiting on my father to get some new tires for his car so I can have his used 205/40-17 that are 2 inches bigger diameter then stock setup

Comment

Also have easy access to alot of VW parts like rear disk setup. Gonna be working on adapter plates but that will come later when work slows down again and a different thread

Comment

Working...
                      X