Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is any one else breaking/wearing out steering racks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any body find out if the capri rack will work ??

Comment

I bought one, but haven't messed with it yet. Have other issues, like an engine rebuild to do ATM, but will ASAP.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

ever get around to fitting the rack?

mine broke again and im waiting for the lathe at work to get wired up to make some quality bushings
        I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Whats broken fast?

Ive completely rebuilt mine on the shogun , 2 inner tie rods + 2 outer. I also completely dissembled the shaft out of the casing. theres nothing there except a plastic sleeve inside the casing at one end.

I regreased everything and put it back.

Besides the inner tie rods going bad , theres not much to go wrong in these manual festy racks.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
            ever get around to fitting the rack?

mine broke again and im waiting for the lathe at work to get wired up to make some quality bushings
            I won't be any time soon. Title issues are keeping me out of the one I had just gotten home, when I last posted. Thankfully I got it for free, but still. If it comes to it, I'll get bored and empty the engine bay and have a go, but probably won't happen.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

@phoenixsho:
              the same problem i was having before. the rack inner has up/down play inside the rack housing. it causes the drivers side wheel to "flutter"
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Roger that

Comment

Working...
                X