No announcement yet.

Axle cheat sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's what I need 1"-2" longer. if it works there will be another option available other than the ever elusive xr2 jackshaft
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Here is something you could also look into if you want. The ZX2 Intrmediate shaft has the same 26-2 inboard spline as the EGT. You obviously cant use the ZX2 "Outboard Axle" because they are 26/26 spline. But you could look into the ZX2 Intmediate shaft. The EGT Outer axle measure's 5/8's LONGER than the ZX2 outer axle. So if the EGT Intermediate shaft is to long for what your building,you might be able to subsitute with the ZX2 shaft. Good luck,sounds like you guys are building something cool. Hope this gives you a little more ammunition.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Question:

The chart on pg 2 says for stock Festiva/E-series manual transmissions, the R axle is 34 5/8".

However....both RockAuto and O'Reilly's have brand new RIGHT axles that are either 34 11/16" (RockAuto - Empire) or 34 15/16" (O'Reilly's - Precision).

So, will either of those dimensions work????
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
          Question:

The chart on pg 2 says for stock Festiva/E-series manual transmissions, the R axle is 34 5/8".

However....both RockAuto and O'Reilly's have brand new RIGHT axles that are either 34 11/16" (RockAuto - Empire) or 34 15/16" (O'Reilly's - Precision).

So, will either of those dimensions work????
          Yes because 11/16's is only .062" longer than the 5/8". fwy .062" is 1/16" in fractional-

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
            Yes because 11/16's is only .062" longer than the 5/8". fwy .062" is 1/16" in fractional-
            nitro -

OK, so the RockAuto axle (Empire) that is only 1/16" longer will work, but will the O'Reilly (Precision....longer than OEM by 5/16") axle work, too?

Just curious....

Comment

nitro -

OK, so the RockAuto axle (Empire) that is only 1/16" longer will work, but will the O'Reilly (Precision....longer than OEM by 5/16") axle work, too?

Just curious....
              IF that axle truly measure's 34-15/16" I wouldn't use it in a Festy. Its to long,but it would be ok for an Aspire.
              Just curious if you have NAPA's in OK? They sell a really great LH axle FYI...
              Last edited by nitrofarm; 05-20-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

IF that axle truly measure's 34-15/16" I wouldn't use it in a Festy. Its to long,but it would be ok for an Aspire.
                nitro -

Yep, have a NAPA right here in my town. So I take it you bought your left one from them?

And, would you recommend remanufactured over new?

Comment

nitro -

Yep, have a NAPA right here in my town. So I take it you bought your left one from them?

And, would you recommend remanufactured over new?
                  Get the new one,I'm at work I'd look up the pn but no time. I believe I posted in the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread though. But for some reason my PB Pics have a Kitty Cat where the pic used to be. But I think the pn should still be in the text portion.

Comment

nitro -

May have to get the NAPA LH half-shaft after all. I bought a new L/R Empire (EMPI) set from RockAuto and they sent me an e-mail while I was out of town saying the L one I ordered was replaced for one that is 1/8" longer (24" vs 23 7/8").

Your chart says get 23 7/8". Will a 24" LH half-shaft work or not???

Comment

LH Aspire from NAPA pn 95-7194 it measures 24".It will work as long as you get the correct length for the RH side. You MUST recenter your drive train after changing your axles. This is recommended after any axle change BTW. Its easy to do and it will guarantee that you dont get bind-age.

Comment

nitro -

Just curious....
                        Well I took a chance and bought a Precision shaft for the passenger side of my '93 w/5 speed from O'Reillys.

Yup the specs show 34 15/16", BUT it also shows the metric length which is labeled as 881 mm.

Sooo, I did the math and 881 ÷ 25.4 = 34.685. Now 11/16 is .6875.

I compared the new shaft directly beside the original and if there was any difference I sure didn't see it.

Even the 'puter screen at O'Reillys showed the same measurements so I thought I'd simply take a chance and compare before installation.

Hope this helps.

Comment

For some reason I don't see the cheat sheet, nor a link. I am searching for the axle that will fit between a F5MR, (1990 Protege) to the Aspire hub swap, on a Festiva. I believe that will be a 24 spline x 24 spline.

Comment

Originally posted by qroger View Post
                            For some reason I don't see the cheat sheet, nor a link. I am searching for the axle that will fit between a F5MR, (1990 Protege) to the Aspire hub swap, on a Festiva. I believe that will be a 24 spline x 24 spline.
                            Festiva automatic axles
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Photobucket wants money to 3rd party share this Chart... They obviously count how many times its been viewed. And then lock it up so it cant be viewed without payment. None of my other pictures on Photo Bucket are like this. It wont even let me view it.

Comment

Photobucket wants money to 3rd party share this Chart... They obviously count how many times its been viewed. And then lock it up so it cant be viewed without payment. None of my other pictures on Photo Bucket are like this. It wont even let me view it.
                                If you can log into photobucket and find it, I can re-host it and fix your dead links.

I can copy your link for you as well if it helps.
                                Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                                Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                                Feel free to PM me anytime!
                                Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                                Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
                                X