No announcement yet.

ATV Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right. I have war wounds on my oil pan, scratches on the bell housing and I have fixed the exhaust a lot. My gas tank only holds 7 gallons.. Those things can wait until the suspension is done. I have had plastic OEM and aluminum aftermarket for ATV,s The plastic worked better but the aluminum was tougher. What works best for cars ??
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Awsome Idea Movin i'm gonna keep an eye on this thread i like the ATV tire idea and find myself wondering how they would perform on say an 4x4 beach i have 2 within 10 minutes of the house an i'm sure that would get some looks from all the jeeps n trucks to see a festy cruisin on the sand
      Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Guess I'll know when this is done. It should be great for beach running and dune cruzin
        but not climbing..well...could put paddles on backwards and try mild climbing in reverse..

Comment

don't know if you've seen this or not

Comment

Put a bpt with an auto...it will then climb anything.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Most of the suspension mods in, CV's in a few hours, probably a few
              other mods. LOVE the new coil over ride front and rear..still corners
              hard with the snowmobile back there, and don't even feel it back there.
              I thought these cars were easy to get into before, but wow, in n out
              in a flash!

Comment

Here are the pics of the front strut assembly. This is a 91 VW Golf strut, a honda
                civic coil over kit and afco 125 lb 14" chrome springs. I needed a 20mm bearing
                retainer, a f250 body lift kit washer which had to be drilled as well as the red
                top hat. This allowed the use of the 02 rio roller bearing plate for easy steering.
                I now have 4" of suspension adjustment, more room for ATV tires and a much
                improved ride with the increased travel. The spring compressed about 3 1/2
                inches before I could get the nut on. Do not try this with the harbor freight
                compressor.

Comment

Here is most of the rear. Easy assembly. Again, 91 VW Golf rear struts for better
                  dampening, Honda civic coil over kit, 80lb 14" chrome springs. Not pictured but
                  a dog chew toy brand new was my spring seat 2 1/2 inch spacer, with the F250
                  cab washer and the top hat, no drilling back here. The shot of the axle mount
                  shows a travel limiter that has to be cut out for my purposes only, don't do this
                  unless you know the possibilities. Now I have a great ride and 4 inches of adjustment
                  in the rear as well.

Comment

Finished mocking up a twin I beam lower control arm, and I
                    decided against it. I will remount current lower control arms
                    and the transmission mounts.

Comment

Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Just checking fit, I like !!

Going to measure for heim joints and dom tubing..on the front.
                        The rear is done, except the lifting blocks, minor, just enough
                        to center wheel well at final height.

Comment

Working...
                        X