rim size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    but those are expensive. i recomend 165/60/14, easier to find and much cheaper.
    I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiaan View Post
      Hi guys. i'm wanting to get some wheels for my 1989 festiva/ mazda 121 and was wondering the biggest size rim possible without rubbing. THANKS <3
      look into factory 98-02 honda accord 16" rims with 195/40/16 tires. you'll likely need spacers for the rear to clear the strut.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

for sure if you got 14 rims and want no rub and not to far from stock 165-60-14 are the way to go tire-easy got them in stock, i got a pair on my car and very happy with the way they sit

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was really wanting to get some 'Modgies' so was wondering what the max width/size I can run. Also is it safe to run 8mm slip on spacers? Cheers

Comment

^ no, it's not safe, but people do it anyway due to ignorance. really, any spacer should be bolted to the hub and have provisions to support the center hole of the rim built into it. also, any spacer should be used with longer lugs, or studs to make up for the new position (again, people ignore this part as well and it often ends badly for them).

the issue with running big rubber is the rear strut location. it doesn't allow for much above a 175 without having to massage the fender. really, a 6" wide rim is about the limit without moding the car in some way (hence the suggestion of the Accord rims, they're 6" wide)
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks pal xo

Comment

Working...
              X