Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any measurements of the riceland inserts?

My ultra blown VMAXX inserts are roughly 12 1/4" long and 1 11/16" wide. Looking to buy inserts to rebuild them!

Comment

• Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
      Does anyone have any measurements of the riceland inserts?

My ultra blown VMAXX inserts are roughly 12 1/4" long and 1 11/16" wide. Looking to buy inserts to rebuild them!
      Finally pulled my other blown Raceland apart today, 12.5" tall counting the rounded bump at the bottom, and 1.660" diameter.
      '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
      '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
      '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
      '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
      '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
      '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
      How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
      How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

• Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
        Finally pulled my other blown Raceland apart today, 12.5" tall counting the rounded bump at the bottom, and 1.660" diameter.
        Did your bottom adapter pictured slide in? Mine won't slide in. Also appears mine is a bit long

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• One side slid in, the other was very tight. I ended up getting a section of pipe and using the press to push it to the bottom, didn't take a lot of force to get it to bottom out. The gland nut didn't quite bottom out, just like in your pic.

Edit- I'm setting the toe now, will post feedback on the KYB's once I have some miles on them.
          Last edited by theastronaut; 04-26-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

One side slid in, the other was very tight. I ended up getting a section of pipe and using the press to push it to the bottom, didn't take a lot of force to get it to bottom out. The gland nut didn't quite bottom out, just like in your pic.

Edit- I'm setting the toe now, will post feedback on the KYB's once I have some miles on them.
            Awesome thank you very much I might try file mine not to sure about exposed threads

Comment

• Drove it around the test loop last night, the front grip is back like it should be. It now rotates going into a corner, can get the tail slightly out with a bit of light trail braking, but it's easily balanced with the steering and throttle. Has good mid corner balance. I only did a lap and a half (6 corners) that are 45-60 mph but I can definitely tell that they're way better than the worn/blown Raceland inserts. It feels a bit soft, but I think that's just me being used to how stiff the Miata is after driving it for the last few weeks.

Comment

Drove it around the test loop last night, the front grip is back like it should be. It now rotates going into a corner, can get the tail slightly out with a bit of light trail braking, but it's easily balanced with the steering and throttle. Has good mid corner balance. I only did a lap and a half (6 corners) that are 45-60 mph but I can definitely tell that they're way better than the worn/blown Raceland inserts. It feels a bit soft, but I think that's just me being used to how stiff the Miata is after driving it for the last few weeks.
                Awesome Man! Hopefully the inserts stay together with exposed threads that's my worry

Comment

• The only stress on the gland nut is the resistance fromy your shock rebound dampening. Use red loc tite on the threads of the gland nut (this should always be done as these loosen up without loctite.)
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

One side slid in, the other was very tight. I ended up getting a section of pipe and using the press to push it to the bottom, didn't take a lot of force to get it to bottom out. The gland nut didn't quite bottom out, just like in your pic.

Awesome!
                    I put a set of MK1 front inserts into the coilovers on Pedro and I've been driving it around for a week. I like them.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Here is what my -4 degree rear camber spacer looks like. The spindle has been threaded to accept 7/16-20 bolts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

Here is what my -4 degree rear camber spacer looks like. The spindle has been threaded to accept 7/16-20 bolts.
                        Nice stuff Man! Looks like it belongs in a scrap bin though hehehehehehhehehehehe

Comment

• That's where the shim started out. Lol

Comment

That's where the shim started out. Lol
                            I know I just wanted to make a funny

Comment

• Ah Ha! Festyfreak is feeling scrappy lately
                              No car too fast !

Comment

Here is what my -4 degree rear camber spacer looks like. The spindle has been threaded to accept 7/16-20 bolts.
                                Hey you ever decide to produce these put me on the list. ;-)
                                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X