Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I've read through the lot thanks Charlie and everyone for the thread! Will start putting a parts list together for my UK based pride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bdonkin88 View Post
      Ok I've read through the lot thanks Charlie and everyone for the thread! Will start putting a parts list together for my UK based pride!
      Look at my thread I went throught all this and them redid it in a way that was straight to the point. I have the full how to with shopping list and bolt for bolt pictures on what to do. I got all my info from this page all credit goes to this OP. I just took out all the chatter from the page.

Anyway check it out.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• advanceDynamix your setup is nice and low. i recently purchase a 92 and was wanting to know if i can use this setup to go as just as low in your pic: mk2 Front struts/ 150lbs 12" springs & 93vw cabriolet rear shocks/ 120 lbs 10" springs?

I'm trying to go extreme low with decent drivability. it will not see track until i swap a BP down the road.

Comment

• For extreme low you'll want 120lb front springs and 105lb rear.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Here is one of the rear spring hats that I made. The kit came with some, but I wanted lower profile ones that mated up with the stock shock bushings better. You could use an assortment of thick washers from the hardware store to do the same thing.

Here are the finished shocks
            and installed

And notice the clearance! They offer 4 real inches of suspension adjustment without sacrificing tire room!
            Do you remember the demensions on those spring hats I can make them quick next week but I don't have the springs to know lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Festiver
            93 L find/5 speed
            BP/g15mr swapped
            Aspire brake swapped
            Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
            stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
            rustful
            maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
            advanced suspension
            kai/skeeter camber
            b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiver View Post
              Do you remember the demensions on those spring hats I can make them quick next week but I don't have the springs to know lol

Originally posted by cliferton View Post
              these are the rear top hats for this suspension setup. the 7mm one is the one that Charlie did and I drew based off his measurements, and the 25.4mm is the one that I did after talking with him on spring location. I believe he used steel that was hard anodized for the 7mm while the 25.4mm was made from t6 6061 and was not coated. The centering step diameter may need to be modified very slightly depending on spring rate. I believe I turned mine slightly smaller than the print and the model show. I will measure them as soon as I get the rear apart again. Just measure the true I.D. of your spring before you make them or have them made.

Here is the dropbox link to blueprints and solid model of the hats. I saved them as a generic .IGES If you want a more specific file type lmk.

Had to dig back a little bit, but the answer was right here in this thread.
              My steel hats were powder coated and the aluminum hats were hard anodized. I don't think steel can be hard anodized. I have made some which were zinc coated though, which is similar to hard anodize.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-08-2017, 11:59 AM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I have a guy that was gunna make me some like I got off ebay but there much thicker.
                Is there an advantage to them being thin other than the car sitting a half inch lower?
                Here's what the one I bought looks like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by william; 01-08-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• I would love some spring hats if somebody would make a batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                    I have a guy that was gunna make me some like I got off ebay but there much thicker.
                    Is there an advantage to them being thin other than the car sitting a half inch lower?
                    Here's what the one I bought looks like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                    The thin ones were my early design for the Festiva/Aspire KYB shocks with shortened shafts. The thick ones work better on the MK1 VW KYB shocks. That's the latest design.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Had to dig back a little bit, but the answer was right here in this thread.
                      My steel hats were powder coated and the aluminum hats were hard anodized. I don't think steel can be hard anodized. I have made some which were zinc coated though, which is similar to hard anodize.
                      Oh didn't even see it thank you so much though

Festiver
                      93 L find/5 speed
                      BP/g15mr swapped
                      Aspire brake swapped
                      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                      rustful
                      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                      advanced suspension
                      kai/skeeter camber
                      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• Would anyone have, or be able to take, some measurements of the the mk1 rear struts?

compressed length (measured from the centre of lower bolt, to top of thread)
                        extended length (measured as above)

Comment

• "Top of the thread" is a little ambiguous, but if you mean where the last two nuts retain the upper washer;
                          16 inches compressed / 24-3/16 inches extended, approximately, used a tape measure.
                          Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-17-2017, 08:10 AM.
                          No car too fast !

Comment

• Cheers mate, it gives me a base to work off - I'm messing around with struts off a '99 Demio, will see if I can modify them to similar dimensions.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                              Cheers mate, it gives me a base to work off - I'm messing around with struts off a '99 Demio, will see if I can modify them to similar dimensions.
                              Wonderfull! Can you shoot me the same dimensions off of the Demio shock? Am looking for an up grade for the 2012 Mazda2.
                              No car too fast !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                                Wonderfull! Can you shoot me the same dimensions off of the Demio shock? Am looking for an up grade for the 2012 Mazda2.
                                Compressed 480mm
                                Extended 685mm
                                Strut diameter 38mm

Thats from centre of lower mount, to end of shaft. So take off 30mm, and that should be about where top nuts retain upper washer.
                                I'm not much good at converting mm back to inches, I should get one of those tape measures that has both!
                                Last edited by reddragon; 01-17-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X