New Snow Tires..13 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Snow Tires..13 inch

Looking for 6 new snow tires, studless for my car, possibly studded for fluffy
    She has to hang on steep icy streets at night delivering papers..
    this is the best I found, studs are $8.50 per tire, mounting is free, balancing??

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

will they actually install those tires on your car or do you have to take them the rims? Around here they will not put on a tire that is no specified for the car.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That's not a bad price. Especially for the studding.

I have the same tires with studs on another set of wheels and I'm very happy with the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        will they actually install those tires on your car or do you have to take them the rims? Around here they will not put on a tire that is no specified for the car.
        Really? Are we talking WallyWorld or tire stores in general? Local WM will install just about anything, but their prices are much higher than other places. I went to a regular tire store and got a set of 155/80/13s about two weeks ago.. didn't have any problem putting them on, though I noticed the receipt said 'Tires different than OEM.' I asked, they said it didn't affect the warranty in any way.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I was forced to go to walmart for other reasons so I took my meds and went. It was horrible, another
          guy pulled up beside me in his new Ford super duty, looked at the the store, paled slightly then pulled
          out a bottle of Vodka from some where, cracked it open and drained it! Then he headed in....younger
          guys, my age a couple Valium may help prevent a felony in that store..older guys tell me that works its
          way up to a doctors cocktail of a variety of prescriptions.

They did say they do all of that and if I have to take them the rims that is no big deal, I have 5 bays,
          lots of air guns, tire machines, balancer..what ever, I cannot get them delivered here for less!!

I picked these again this year because of there noise rating first, traction on ice second.
          Any other tires I may have missed, or better deals? Tire sizes?

Comment

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...135&sowigan=Wi OR http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...135&sowigan=Wi
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Up this way the lesser priced and yet aggressive uni-directional snows (called Nordics) are made for Canadian Tire by Goodyear. I don't have any complaints about them, even the now-discontinued 12 inch snows. I ran Nordic 13s all last winter. I can't imagine what studs would be like because the tires are pretty darn good on snow and ice already.

Comment

The guy at walmart showed me a tire called Douglas that was made for them by Goodyear.
                It only came in 175 70 13 and I am trying to get away from that size. It didn't strike me
                as being the Nordic type. It was a snow tire but leaning more toward all season.

That on line link is a great resource, and I can't get those tires locally, the Kumho dealer
                can get them but it takes longer than a week as he does not stock tires that are not on the
                "A" sales list. The freight was 13 dollars a tire and I do all the work, but they come right to the shop!
                I need to search the specs on that 145 tire, it might have a smaller diameter yet. Reason for smaller
                diameter is I will have the snow plow on mine soon as snow is threatening and even though fluffy
                is an automatic she is hauling a full load of newspapers in some very steep areas. Less strain
                on things for both. Thanks! keep it coming!

Comment

There are US distributors for 15-20 year old Japanese mini-trucks. I did notice at one time on one of those sites that you could buy super-aggressive off-road tires in 12s and maybe 13s. I wonder if this is something to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    There are US distributors for 15-20 year old Japanese mini-trucks. I did notice at one time on one of those sites that you could buy super-aggressive off-road tires in 12s and maybe 13s. I wonder if this is something to look at.
                    That is what I do off road, but use a Festiva! For that I want to put
                    these DOT legal tires on my 12 inch stock rims.

Arty found the Kumho 145 70 13 that seems to be pretty good...
                    I don't find a direct test between these and the winterforce.
                    The diameter of the Kumho should be better for winter work
                    I would think?

Comment

I don't know if you guys knew about these, but I found some 12" snow tires on the summit racing site. Its weird because I didn't see these listed anywhere else, including tire rack.
                      Free Shipping - Hankook 1001754 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Tires at Summit Racing.

Comment

I have 2 of those tires, studded. I tell you what, it's like having bear claws on the front of the festy. Those Hankooks are awesome.
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Re: New Snow Tires..13 inch

Where can I have a shop stud tires and not ask questions?

I guess what shops won't ask questions?
                          Last edited by jason_; 11-19-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Around here studs are only illegal during the summer half of the year.

If they are illegal all the time where you are most tool handy meth heads
                            will do it for cash pretty cheap.

Studs work good delivering around icy hilly town streets but most other
                            applications work better with good studless tires. Just my opinion for around
                            here anyway, use what makes you feel safest.

Comment

Re: New Snow Tires..13 inch

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                              Around here studs are only illegal during the summer half of the year.

If they are illegal all the time where you are most tool handy meth heads
                              will do it for cash pretty cheap.

Studs work good delivering around icy hilly town streets but most other
                              applications work better with good studless tires. Just my opinion for around
                              here anyway, use what makes you feel safest.
                              35 mile drive, down a class B road, and there's at times it takes a full day after a storm for them to remove 4' drifts...

Several times I hold the throttle and hope for the best, especially when I can't see 100' after busting the drift
                              Last edited by jason_; 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X