No announcement yet.

Front Suspension Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that too. Looked the same to me in the picture.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

[QUOTE=alpaccino;557701Rear Ball Joint Dust Boots[/QUOTE]

Err...ya'all lost me on this one. (?)

Use my energy suspension link above...go to universal fit parts...not specific car models.

These same boots fit on the Festiva tie rod ends, too. I'll post pics soon,
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
        Err...ya'all lost me on this one. (?)

Use my energy suspension link above...go to universal fit parts...not specific car models.

These same boots fit on the Festiva tie rod ends, too. I'll post pics soon,

Your link is not working, and what i did was to enter the part number you provided, i'm really interested in this and would like to give you two thumbs up for this link, however i don't want to buy the wrong item
        JAMAICA TO THE WORLD
        I don't complain, i just come plain.

Comment

dust boots on tie rod ends.jpgHere they are on the tie rod ends. Exact same part number 9.5157R. Add a letter to the part number; R for red, or B for black.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/ Try this link...go to universal parts.
          '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet? mods plz. lots of good part numbers and info here.....

As far as im concerned one of the festy's biggest problems is this: However, i believe BigElCat is closer to a solution.

Comment

Retrofitting something like this was my original intent. I have plenty of nissan friends i have to see if i could pull this off:

Comment

herooo mods! i have to subscribe to this thread or something, because when i need this information ill forget where to find it.

Comment

Have any of y'all used these bushing on your front sway bar? They're made for 94-97 Australian Festivas. Apparently the 94-97 Aussie Festivas are the same as Aspires sold in the USA. The bar diameter is listed as 24 mm. My Festiva bar measures 23 mm. I'm thinking they might fit just fine. Any thoughts?

Last edited by BigElCat; 03-09-2014, 06:32 PM.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

aspire bars are thicker than festy bars, and auto aspire bars are thicker than manual aspire bars. They should have some for the festy bars too! I think festy sway bars are 7/8".
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

yeah for festivas in kansas!

Comment

Good to see you here again BigEL! Where have you been?
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Festivas come with a 22mm bar. Manual Aspires have a 24mm. Automatic Aspires have a 26mm.
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                            Good to see you here again BigEL! Where have you been?
                            Hi Ya, Doctor Dan. It's good to hear from you. I'm still in Paola. I punted my job at the fab shop...which was maybe a huge mistake. Time will tell.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
                              Have any of y'all used these bushing on your front sway bar? They're made for 94-97 Australian Festivas. Apparently the 94-97 Aussie Festivas are the same as Aspires sold in the USA. The bar diameter is listed as 24 mm. My Festiva bar measures 23 mm. I'm thinking they might fit just fine. Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191071192786...84.m1423.l2649
                              [QUOTE=Aaronbrook37;646001]Festivas come with a 22mm bar. Manual Aspires have a 24mm. Automatic Aspires have a 26mm.[/QUOTE

Fellas- There are only two Bar dia's---- Festy & Aspire,thats it period. There is no difference in Dia between ATX & MTX. There is however a small Difference between the two as far as "Bends" are concerened. It appears that the ATX has its bends to better accomadate the Larger trans- Thats it-
                              Big El I have the AUS Poly Bar to Lower Rad support and the are great. And they dont sqeek like you would think they would.Wish I would have seen the LCA Boot covers a long time ago.Those look awesome gonna order some up today if they are still available.
                              Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM.
                              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I'm thinking about trying this bushing. I assume it's split just like the energy suspension bushing. I could maybe shave material from the split, then wrap it with rubber tape around the outside. Or maybe it would snug enough in stock form.

Do you guys think the outer shape would fit properly in the Festiva chassis? I mean before I hacked into it?

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                                X