Front Suspension Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Big El I have the AUS Poly Bar to Lower Rad support and the are great. And they dont sqeek like you would think they would.Wish I would have seen the LCA Boot covers a long time ago.Those look awesome gonna order some up today if they are still available.
    Hi Nitro. You're saying you have the bushing in my link on a Festiva? And it works?
    Last edited by BigElCat; 03-10-2014, 12:07 AM.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
      Hi Nitro. You're saying you have the bushing in my link on a Festiva? And it works?
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...a+bar+bushings (post #11)

IMO the reason Nolathan only list two size's is because there is only two bar sizes made.The Festy @ 24 & the Aspire @ 26mm. We have some weird info on the forum about bar sizes. So Big El I would say you are safe.I prdered the 26mm after measuring my Aspires. ALL of them two ATX & two MTX measured 26. And the 3 festy's that I have ALL measured 24mm. Thats all I got-
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

My auto aspire sway bar is definitely thicker than my manual aspire sway bar -.-

Everybody that uses the nrg suspension bushings(myself included) uses the 7/8" bushings, 7/8"= 22 mm
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-10-2014, 05:39 AM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I just got home and measured ALL 5 of my Aspires @ 26mm and all 3 of my Festy's are 22 mm. There is NO diffrence between a ATX & MTX. Please show us some pics Matt-

Comment

Damn ur right lol, dont know what I was thinking..
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

^ No problem Buddy IMO that 24mm is a maybe a AUS 1.3L,and the 1.5L AUS Apire engine came equiped with 26mm bar.Came to that conclusion after we started looking at purchasing new ones from four green.Some how we the USA got the 1.3L equipped with the bigger 26mm.Any who I have only measured 22 & 26 bars on all my Aspires & Festys...

Comment

Working...
              X