No announcement yet.

custom lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea I ordered stock ones to stretch and yea I won't need to jack it up to get under that's for shure and what sucks my stock jack that came with the car is a little so short now.... but Ill get back to work on my car next week sometime when my control arms and tie rods get here and ill probably just use your measurements you used just cuz the nights of are cars are the same height of lift
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

• My new stock control arms and tie rods came in today! So instead I'd cutting up the new ones first to fit ide figure to practice and cut up the old ones first to get every thang done correct and perfect on the real ones so ill start the modifications tomorrow

Comment

• Haunt worked on my car for almost a month cuz my new welding job but this last week I welded my control arms 1 1/4" length and tie rod ends 15/16" need to weld longer blocks to lift the front to have it sit level but Ither then that Im ready to finish the front lift

Comment

• Sweet!! I lead two trail parties these last two weekends. The atv's struggle to keep up!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Help! I drove my car to kansas city this week and when driving back from a. Junkyard to my parents place my festiva over heated aand lost power when I pulled over to let it cool down and when it was cooled off it woudnt start.. so I bought spark plug wires cap and rotor. Its getting gas and spark and when I turn it over it speeds up and trys to start but won't. Any ideas? If you want to call and help me faster myy number is 4029210034 I'm stranded in kc till I fix it

Comment

• When you try to start it you are not pushing liquid out of the radiator with the cap off?
              Sometimes when these get hot an old timing belt can slip a notch.

First question fill to the top of the radiator neck and wait a bit to make sure it stays there.
              when cranking the water should not push out. If it does you just pop the head and make sure
              the head is not warped beyond .006 inch before bolting back on with a new gasket.

The timing belt is even easier but you would still want to know why it over heated in the first place.

Comment

• The water in the radiator evaporated and was a hot day so it got hot. Fast so how. Do I check the timing chain cuz it wants to start but not quite

Comment

• Time for a b6 swap.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• It was a hundred here, i had the ATV tires on and led a 8 hour jeep and ATV group from 4000 ft to over 7000 and back, fan came on it cooled right down. You may have a coolant leak or bad cap but back to this , did you fill it and crank it with the cap off to watch for a bad head gasket? A bad head gasket will push water back out the radiator when you crank it. If you are still stuck in KC then you can rinse the cooling system and follow the directions to put in head gasket fix in a bottle. Buy the stuff that requires you to have pure water in the system, the other kinds that mix with coolant are really weak and do not work as well. That will get you home until you can fix it on your own terms.

If the gasket checks okay, pop the top timing belt cover and look for the timing marks on the cam gear. rotate the engine until two marks line up, one at twelve o'clock and one at 3 o'clock. With those lined up the mark down on the crank behind the outside belts should be almost dead on.

One more quick simple, if you ran out of water the block may have got hot too and removed the oil from the rings. remove the plugs and dump a slug of oil in each plug hole. Crank the engine with the plugs out to spread the oil around in there. This will also remove any oil that is not needed. Put the plugs back in and try to start it..if it does the neighborhood peeps may call the fire dept because of the smoke but ignore the chaos and run it long enough to clear out the smoke and make sure all is okay.

Comment

• Its the head. Gasket it shot water out like old. Fathfull but I got a new gasket for 25$ so now I just got to put the darn thang on! Oh and I got aspire frount shocks on now to but still way low in the frount haha but ill let you know if I get it running in a day or so thanks for the help!

Comment

• Shave .02 off that head, you'll like the extra low end torque. Rio struts are taller!
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• If you can swing a head shave that will seat the new gasket better. Keep your eye peeled for coolant leaks. Get one of them mazda type thermostats, I think they flow more when wheelin and the heat is on. Be sure to bleed the air out before you start it up. Air will get trapped behind the thermostat after the head is off and will make it overheat. Old faithful ha ha, they sure can spout!

Edit: I bought honda coil over kit off ebay for cheap and just used the adjusters, the springs are wayyy to stiff for offroad and way too short. I bought chrome 14 inch springs on a close out for super cheap off speedway. I bought VW golf struts for all around through my monroe supplier on a promotion, not cheap but not bad. I used rio upper plates and fabbed it all together, used some bearing spacers and bridge washers and rubber out of a old tire, it gives me more lift than I can use right now lol !
                          Last edited by Movin; 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the help after I got a 26$ headgasket it took 5 hours and now she growles again! And I decided to get new cap rotor And I went to uncut aspire shocks and struts on the frount added 2 inches. And got new cap and rotor and spark plug wires to get my 42 mpgs back haha! But all in all 5 hours and 160$ is not a bad work day on my car

Comment

• Bad news it spits water out the resivewar and out the tailpipe and sounds like a truck did I worp the head??

Comment

• It takes a bit to burn the water out of the exhaust. If you warped the head you may have a steady stream of bubbles coming out of the radiator. I forgot your year but did you have adjustable valves? Also if you have air trapped it will spit and burp when it warms up back out the radiator. Run it without the cap a bit.
                                Last edited by Movin; 07-02-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X