STR 513 15x8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STR 513 15x8

What do you guys think? I have coilovers and I got 1/4" spacers in the rear. Who's running these size wheels, give me some info on how they perform. thanks

$1700 for four, clearance issues probably both front and rear, heavy because large....totally inappropriate IMO.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If you're prepared for what that looks like and entails, then go for it.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        $1700 for four, clearance issues probably both front and rear, heavy because large....totally inappropriate IMO.
        says 419.00 for a set of four (ob0) for a similar wheel in 14 or 15 try from discounttiredirect shipped for around 350-425 with a better offset
        Last edited by kumalaba; 05-25-2013, 08:38 PM.
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I would stay well away from 0 degree offset, especially on a larger wheel. Also, there is no weight listed. Could be over 15 pounds, maybe 18 or more. There are relatively cheap wheels out there (several Konigs, for example) that are under 13 pounds and have much better offsets (35 to 42).

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
            says 419.00 for a set of four (ob0) for a similar wheel in 14 or 15 try from discounttiredirect shipped for around 350-425 with a better offset
            I don't think so. I know down below it says the auction is for 4 wheels, but at the top it says quantity 1, price US dollars $419. But anyway they are very impractical for Festys, unless someone is doing some radical mod$ to his/her car.
            Last edited by TominMO; 05-25-2013, 11:22 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Looks like it's for a set of 4. I'm guessing they have several sets. So when you put quantity 1 you are buying one set. It's a little confusing. I'm with you on them not being a very ideal wheel...the width and the offset are not in your favor.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                Looks like it's for a set of 4. I'm guessing they have several sets. So when you put quantity 1 you are buying one set. It's a little confusing. I'm with you on them not being a very ideal wheel...the width and the offset are not in your favor.
                :thumbs_up:

Comment

Ah, got it, thanx.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Those wheels are atrocious. They're cheap and heavy. That size of wheel will not fit a Festiva without fairly involved suspension/wheel/tire work.

Comment

Alright Thanks guys, Has anyone ran these size or style of wheels? I know ghost had wheels like this on his car and there was someone else who had these size wheels also

Comment

Do you think I could use this to roll my fenders and be able to run those rims with slightly streched tires? fastivab6tg25mr rolled his fenders and he was running 16x7. thanks

Comment

first look at die-laughings(black car with pink graphics) wheels & make sure you want your tires to stick out that far then just get the wheels you want, who care what everyone else thinks its your car to fix up as you please. there are lots of people who will post that someones car is ugly or they dont like the paint job or wheels on certain cars. but i have seen some cars with (to me) ugly paint jobs, fart cans,cars with different colored hoods, ugly wheels, etc but i dont post negative comments on them b/c thats what they like & they might not like my car but i love seeing all sorts of festys in all kinds of different ways. i could care less what people think about mine! except the people that like it. lol

Comment

haha right on man! I dont really care what people think but I just dont want it to not fit well, like I want to make it as easy as possible so I dont buy rims that wont even fit good, if you know what I mean. I think my car looks sick Ill post some pics but I really need some rims and I wanna go for that stanced look. thanks

Comment

then go with wider 13s or 14s with a better offset & you could even do some flares or roll the fenders the old way with a baseball bat. tons ow wheels on ebay that would work for you. good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X