No announcement yet.

STR 513 15x8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of RBs at all. So I'd go with the White ones!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I like the Grid's better as well.. The RB's look good in a 13"

Comment

haha yeahh I was leaning towards those to, but I just keep finding ones that look good to me haha, heres some nice ones:

Also I found some TEAM DYNAMIC wheels in the back of the list, there really expensive tho

I just dont which ones to choose

Comment

I'm ready to see some wheels fitted! We need to start a thread to get stickied strictly for wheel/tire fitment.

Comment

took this picture last night for all the haters. I couldn't see the tire size (tucked up under the fender) or the wheel width, but they are on an XB.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Like a rock.

Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                took this picture last night for all the haters. I couldn't see the tire size (tucked up under the fender) or the wheel width, but they are on an XB.
                The triumph of style over function/common sense.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thats some stance right there haha, well I bought the 15x7 rota grids 38mm offset, just waiting for them to come in, What tire choices do I have that are good in performance for 165/45/15? thanks

Comment

Good choice! I can't wait to see them mounted!

Search that size on ebay and thats pretty much what ya got! Haha
                    Last edited by Die-Laughing; 06-03-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I'm rolling the Federal Formozas ( on 2 of my cars). They seem to perform well and they wear good. I have had them on the track and they actually felt better than my 185 45 15 nankang tires. I'm not sure what other brands offer this size in this country.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Alright sounds good. Thanks for the help guys, once I get the wheels and tires ill post some pics. And yeah those federal formozas were the only ones I could find haha

Comment

I got my rims in and they are SICK!!! pretty light to. Now Im just waiting on the tires and full coilovers and a fender roller haha, thinking bout getting the eastwood one. Ill post some pics tomorrow of the rims, And also I put them on the car to see what it looks like and the back definetly needs spacers, what is a good size? thanks

Comment

Also would these fit, I know you have to mod them a bit I can do that but the front ones look different?

Comment

Those raceland coilovers will work in the front. Here are some pictures of how I modify them to fit a festiva.

It looks like raceland now does a Black Zinc finish on them instead of the clear/silver zinc. Black Zinc is more durable than clear. Another option is to use the 299 dollar JOM (or equivalent) style coil over kit for a mk2/3 VW off ebay. You'll save about 150 bucks because they are 299 with free shipping and they are actually a little nicer than the race lands. The valving is the same as they both use the same strut inserts. I have both and I prefer the JOM setup. The only drawback is that the 299 dollar coilovers come with very stuff supplemental springs that aren't very user friendly on a Festiva, but the raceland supplemental (filler) springs will compress under the weight of a Festiva, which is what you want them to do. If you get your spring rate and length correct for your application though you will not need supplemental springs.

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                                I got my rims in and they are SICK!!! pretty light to. Now Im just waiting on the tires and full coilovers and a fender roller haha, thinking bout getting the eastwood one. Ill post some pics tomorrow of the rims, And also I put them on the car to see what it looks like and the back definetly needs spacers, what is a good size? thanks
                                You'll want to make camber spacers that go between the beam and your stub axles. If you get this right then you won't need rear wheel spacers. Mine are 3/8" thick on the bottom and just under 1/4" on the top iirc. You'll have to determine the width of your spacers as you go, it's a trial and error thing really.
                                Here is an example of some camber spacers for the rear stub axles. These are 2.8-3 degree adjustable ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X