air shocks on rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Good to know. My ballpark figure for one heavy dirtbike (KLR650) one light dirtbike (xr600R) and a trailer to fasten them to will be way under 1500, but im trying to be able to claim if the festiva not modded can do 1500 then i can do whatever, maybe invest in a better trailer, pile on the gear w/o issue and so on. Airshocks it is eventually...i don't even own this theoretical trailer.
    I towed a lot of Festivas with a bone stock setup. More than a few times around 1200 pounds of steel in my 4X8 trailer. That was rough on the springs though. I did it through town, low speeds and smooth roads all the way, so I kind of balanced the load more to the rear by a touch, and crossed my fingers, I got by. Kept it under 35-40 the entire way.

With B6, Aspire swap, Festiva front springs on rear that I have now, the same 1200 pounds of steel to the scrapper, I hit the highway, loaded properly, did 70, and had no issues
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Im lookin at a b6 at my local pap

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
        Im lookin at a b6 at my local pap
        Deweet! The extra HP is REALLY nice to have, and you don't sacrifice hardly a thing MPG wise.
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Ya thats what i was thinkin to

Comment

Wow, good thread. Thanks for the research and photos.

I hauled a 1050 pound metal lathe about 60 miles in mine. All to pieces and distributed all over the inside.

I'm a wood turner and am always hauling wood. Last photo is 499 lbs. from Raleigh to Asheville. I took the front seat out, back is long gone, and spread the weight around. Car handled fine and came up Old Fort mountain about the same as when I have no load.

Paul
            Attached Files
            Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
            Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
            Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
            White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

This looks like my Festy when I bought it. The old lady I got it from used it as a wood box.

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Poor wood truck

Comment

If we only had 4 door festivas. How much longer are those?
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Idk how much longer but 4 door would be nice

Comment

Mail order brides from south america seem to pose with four door festivas in background. Not a lot of times, probably just one time. But the point is i noticed.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

The real question is.. what were you doing looking up mail-order-brides from South America?

LOL
                        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                        1988 LX 5-speed
                        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                          The real question is.. what were you doing looking up mail-order-brides from South America?

LOL
                          This is a legitimate question lol

Comment

Yeah whats the iuse. They learn the language learn they have rights and cheat on you anyway....its a joke...
                            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                              Yeah whats the iuse. They learn the language learn they have rights and cheat on you anyway....its a joke...
                              sounds like u may have already traveled that road lol

Comment

Sigh. What's worse is when they realize that South American body will get them more money than you have. :p
                                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                                1988 LX 5-speed
                                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
                                X