Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never really ran them or tried to max out adjustment so I dunno.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• May I ask why the rio top hats? Whats the difference between them and the stock ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Robalan View Post
        May I ask why the rio top hats? Whats the difference between them and the stock ones?

Its like adding power steering. I didnt believe it would make such a difference so i didnt do a before video, but this was a 2 handed operation with the stock mounts with only 100k miles on em. https://youtu.be/XZL8FG3j7bY

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          Its like adding power steering. I didnt believe it would make such a difference so i didnt do a before video, but this was a 2 handed operation with the stock mounts with only 100k miles on em. https://youtu.be/XZL8FG3j7bY

Ok, so it's possible to use the stock ones? No difference in bearing inner diameter? Just harder steering?

Comment

• also, are these the correct rear shocks to buy?

Comment

also, are these the correct rear shocks to buy?

KYB is the brand you want, to make sure it will fit the coil over kit. Part numbers were listed in the start of the thread.

The Rio top hats can be had for less than $30 for the pair, it's really worth the price.
              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
              Feel free to PM me anytime!
              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                KYB is the brand you want, to make sure it will fit the coil over kit. Part numbers were listed in the start of the thread.

The Rio top hats can be had for less than $30 for the pair, it's really worth the price.
                I could only find top hats for 160 aud which I though was a bit pricey

Comment

May be cheaper to have someone ship you a set from here, they are all over Amazon.

Being in the AU, I am not sure which parts would be easy to find in comparison to here in the US. I found a place that sells proper springs in the AU Though.
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Ok, so it's possible to use the stock ones? No difference in bearing inner diameter? Just harder steering?

Dunno, festy ones are narrower. I had to make spacers to use festivas struts in the rio mounts.

Comment

Did you try ebay? They are like the equivilant of $80aud here for me, a lot of that was shipping from the usa to canada.

Comment

May be cheaper to have someone ship you a set from here, they are all over Amazon.

Being in the AU, I am not sure which parts would be easy to find in comparison to here in the US. I found a place that sells proper springs in the AU Though.
                        Yeah I'd say it would be, amazon doesn't ship to Aus so I can't buy em from there, and I looked on eBay and that was where I got the price from

Comment

Yeah I'd say it would be, amazon doesn't ship to Aus so I can't buy em from there, and I looked on eBay and that was where I got the price from

I purchased mine from Amazon, they shipped. Individual stores on Amazon may not ship, but you can usually find one that does.

There seems to be plenty of Kia Rios being parted out on gumtree, and/or try your local wreckers

Just checked, in March 2017 I paid $90.74 aud for a pair of strut mounts, including shipping to Australia. They arrived the following week.
                          Last edited by reddragon; 09-09-2017, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I found a place that sells proper springs in the AU Though.
                            Proper springs, as in stock springs, or springs to suit the coilovers?

I couldn't find springs locally at a reasonable price - it was cheaper to have the black magic springs from Southwest Speed shipped over here.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                              Proper springs, as in stock springs, or springs to suit the coilovers?

I couldn't find springs locally at a reasonable price - it was cheaper to have the black magic springs from Southwest Speed shipped over here.
                              Springs fit for the coilovers, proper length, diameter and spring rate, for Decent price
                              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Springs fit for the coilovers, proper length, diameter and spring rate, for Decent price
                                Can you share the shop/company details please?

Comment

Working...
                                X