Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vw bump stops should be sanded to a relatively loose fit inside the spring.
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Here is a video of how i narrowed mine down to fit. One i didnt get narrow enough and silicon spray helped

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• There should be about one inch of space before the bump stop comes into play, select or cut as appropriate. If the squeek is because the diameter is too large, it can be reduced with a sander.
        Last edited by Dragonhealer; 09-29-2018, 10:02 AM.
        No car too fast !

Comment

• Love the way list everything. Good job. So are you saying that you paid for a set of coilovers and could only use the fronts. The rears could not even be ajusted?

Comment

• Ok so the rear suspension is about the only thing I haven't done yet (redid rest of car stock in most aspects) I just put on new tires and some 13"wheels 155/80r13 and now when I go over bigger bumps and pothole I hear the right rear scraping the wheel well. Now I want to do the advanced suspension but my question being if I do it will it drop the car too low where the tires will rub. Can I jack up the coilovers to raise the ride height and avoid the problem. Is this a big problem with just simply having worn out stock suspension. Would it be corrected with the modded setup. Also I'm not terribly crazy about going crazy low with the car at most 1.5" and not crazy bout that. Is there any input yall might be able to give such as different spring weights (i.e.-120 , 105 , 150 for the rears) as well as the fronts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtMcGurt View Post
              Ok so the rear suspension is about the only thing I haven't done yet (redid rest of car stock in most aspects) I just put on new tires and some 13"wheels 155/80r13 and now when I go over bigger bumps and pothole I hear the right rear scraping the wheel well. Now I want to do the advanced suspension but my question being if I do it will it drop the car too low where the tires will rub. Can I jack up the coilovers to raise the ride height and avoid the problem. Is this a big problem with just simply having worn out stock suspension. Would it be corrected with the modded setup. Also I'm not terribly crazy about going crazy low with the car at most 1.5" and not crazy bout that. Is there any input yall might be able to give such as different spring weights (i.e.-120 , 105 , 150 for the rears) as well as the fronts.
              All the spring rate info should be in the beginning of the thread.
              The Coilovers give you much more space for wheels and tires.
              Have you actually checked where your current tires are rubbing? It's very common for them to actually rub on the stock rear spring perches (not the fender itself). A lot of that depends on what offset your wheels are. 155/80R13 should be nowhere close to rubbing if the offset is correct, even more so if you have rear coilovers (because they are thinner than factory, giving you more room)
              Yes, they are adjustable, you don't need to have it all the way low, it's very usable when adjusted to Max height. You can also gain some height if you flip the Coilover sleeves upside down. There is a second thread for that as well.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
              Feel free to PM me anytime!
              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• I have the Festiva Motor Sports Lowering Springs. Can I use these? I am only going to do the front .
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                  I have the Festiva Motor Sports Lowering Springs. Can I use these? I am only going to do the front .
                  How large in diameter are they? I believe the lowering springs are only meant so the stock struts and not the coilovers

Comment

• First off, thank you to all that have contributed to this. Great info! My apologies if this is not the place to ask this but I'm looking for recommended spring rates for a 1997 Aspire using the Advanced/Ultimate suspension. Multi purpose car with a focus towards track days. Thanks

Comment

• Charlie should chime in, as I don't know if the lengths need to be different.
                      with the B3 I would start with 130lb/in front
                      And 120lb/in rear for a multi use car.
                      No car too fast !

Comment

• An addition to the ultimate street suspension would be the spacers to adjust static droop in the rear. They are now available at the festiva store. See this post if your interested: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...7&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey I just received all my springs and coilover kits I from southwest speed.
                          One question I have about the sleeve adjusting nut though.
                          How does just the one work by itself? should there be two to lock them in place. It seems that just one would start to unthread or loosen after driving vibrations if a second one wasn’t there to lock in place?
                          has this been an issue for anybody

Comment

• It's not an issue, it will stay where you adjust it.
                            No car too fast !

Comment

• You can drill and tap through the nut and put in a set screw to help hold it in place. I was planning on doing that for the rears on my car. I never got a around to it and haven't had an issue. That seems to be the general consensuses that they don't really move much once set with some preload.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                If your shocks are making squeaky or grinding noises then you may have the top nuts too tight. The top rubber bushings only need to be squished a little bit (how much really depends on how old and hard your bushings are). If those top nuts are too tight, the shock can't articulate enough, and it will bend and flex the shock shaft. Those shocks go back and forth a lot when the car is being driven. That top mount NEEDS to flex easily.
                                Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                                The vw bump stops should be sanded to a relatively loose fit inside the spring.

Between the two of you , you may have just saved me so much time.
                                Last edited by angrychair; 03-10-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X