Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fudge
    replied
    I know eventually I have to just pick a tire but now I'm stuck between 165/50/15 and 165/55/15. It's the difference of 0.6inch lol.

165/50/15: https://onlinewheelsdirect.com/feder...5-73v-bsw.html
    165/55/15: https://www.tires-easy.com/brands/fe...?code=986I5AFA

Whatcha think?

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
    disregard this posting.
    Trying to get photobucket to work now?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    disregard this posting.
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 06-15-2017, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    Thanks Ryan, I have a Photobucket account. At one time I used it to link my Craigs List adds to photos. I watched a tutorial on You Tube and got it down to a science. Now that I have not used my Photobucket account for a few years I am having trouble getting it to work with the Forum. Rather then me spending hours trying to figure it out I get a young computer guru to come by and solve my computer problems in minutes. All for a very reasonable price. When I first got on this Forum I used the attachment provision that is available when posting. It worked fine for a while, however eventually when I tried to post a photo through the attachment option I got a red exclamation mark when I hit the download button. When this happens I can not access the Forum for 24-48 hours. I guess the forum senses my photo files are corrupted? Too much information....sorry just didn't want you to think I was unappreciative of your advice. I will get it (Photobucket) figured out today and will post pictures of my ugly '91 daily driver with the Capri 14's and also post a picture of the intake plumbing on the B6ME.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Pictures to follow.......I need to hire someone to help me get them on here.
    Do you use a phone or a computer to acess the forum? Either way a free site called photobucket is the easiest way. On the phone you just need an app. But get an account for that site, once your on it click upload, select the photos you want and upload them. Once their uploaded you click on the one you want to share and it gives you a link. Copy that and paste it in what your typing here and the photo appears in full size and resolution pretty quick and easy on my phone anyway

Ok, they were on my '91 XR2 which I bought with no history. In 25+ years things get changed. Nice looking wheels for a Festiva in my opinion. They were a nice black matte finish which I come to find out is plastic wrap. Starting to peel which is no surprise. All said they look and work better then the worn out Kuhmos on the factory alloy 12's that were on the $200 pos daily driver. The car in front of me is a 1959 Isetta 300 microcar that I am painting. It makes the Festiva look like a Mack truck.

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.

Ok, they were on my '91 XR2 which I bought with no history. In 25+ years things get changed. Nice looking wheels for a Festiva in my opinion. They were a nice black matte finish which I come to find out is plastic wrap. Starting to peel which is no surprise. All said they look and work better then the worn out Kuhmos on the factory alloy 12's that were on the $200 pos daily driver. The car in front of me is a 1959 Isetta 300 microcar that I am painting. It makes the Festiva look like a Mack truck.
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 06-15-2017, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    I'm running 185/60-14's on my daily driver. They are Douglas Performance GT. Don't laugh, the wheels/ tire combo did not cost me 1 red cent. They are 0n the 5 spoke factory Capri wheels that came with the '91 Capri donor car. Using Aspire rear struts which locate the spring perches higher up and using 10mm spacers I have no clearance issues in the rear. The fronts will rub slightly at full lock when hitting bumps. I may need to roll the fenders slightly. The 5 spoke wheels look like a natural on the Festiva and as for my spirited road driving the 185/60-14's work well. Obviously if you are going to see track time there may be better choices....Good luck!.
    Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by fudge View Post
    I don't have any camber in the rear, yet! hopefully they wont be hitting anything!
    If you get those camber plates it shouldnt be an issue, i was talking about the front, but i still have stock front suspension so i shouldnt have said anything [emoji14]

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    I'm running 185/60-14's on my daily driver. They are Douglas Performance GT. Don't laugh, the wheels/ tire combo did not cost me 1 red cent. They are 0n the 5 spoke factory Capri wheels that came with the '91 Capri donor car. Using Aspire rear struts which locate the spring perches higher up and using 10mm spacers I have no clearance issues in the rear. The fronts will rub slightly at full lock when hitting bumps. I may need to roll the fenders slightly. The 5 spoke wheels look like a natural on the Festiva and as for my spirited road driving the 185/60-14's work well. Obviously if you are going to see track time there may be better choices....Good luck!.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Offset is 38. Should work. Little closer to the suspension than you want for super wide tires and lots of negative camber but it should be ok with what you want to do.
    Iirc mine are 6in wide with 36 offset and 165 tires and i have like 1/4in or so clearance with -2deg camber

I don't have any camber in the rear, yet! hopefully they wont be hitting anything!

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    I don't know if the offset is stamped anywhere but heres a pic! http://imgur.com/a/q7Mbe

I liked the size 175/50/15 but couldnt find many tires for that size.

I have been looking into 165/50/15 tire sizes and I think thats what I'm gonna get, now to pick a tire!
    Anyone have any specific tire recommendations? been looking at some cheap federals in that size i like. also saw some rather expensive continentals but I know thats a good brand!
    Offset is 38. Should work. Little closer to the suspension than you want for super wide tires and lots of negative camber but it should be ok with what you want to do.
    Iirc mine are 6in wide with 36 offset and 165 tires and i have like 1/4in or so clearance with -2deg camber

Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-15-2017, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    I don't know if the offset is stamped anywhere but heres a pic! http://imgur.com/a/q7Mbe

I liked the size 175/50/15 but couldnt find many tires for that size.

I have been looking into 165/50/15 tire sizes and I think thats what I'm gonna get, now to pick a tire!
    Anyone have any specific tire recommendations? been looking at some cheap federals in that size i like. also saw some rather expensive continentals but I know thats a good brand!

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    In that case go with the 165s for sure!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Do you see the offset stamped on there anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    So I was just looking at the wheels today and I realized on the back of the wheel it says 15x7jj. I also realized that the link I originally posted has slightly different wheels than the mine. The lady said these were 15x8 and that's all I can find for this brand on the internet, but it says 15x7jj on the back and has 205mm tires, could it be 15x7?
    It is 15x7

Leave a comment:

Working...
X