Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitment of 13"x8" wheels... Pictures 56K beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, if 13x8 wheels w/ zero offset stick out 2.5", how far would 13x5.5 w/ zero offset stick out?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
      if you're going racing, do yourself a favor and keep the street tires or the aspire rims on the rear: it will help your car rotate through the turns. if you keep the 8" on in the rear, your car will push halfway through the corner and you'll loose time. i wish i had my 12s w/ me at my last event, i could have shaved 2 sec off my lap time, but my car pushed too much after turn-in.
      Do they actually make auto-x rubber for 12' wheels?

Comment

No they don't and no they don't cause a ridiculous amount of understeer in fact with the 13x8's, it is much much less noticeable.

And to respond to your other post...

a 13x8" wheel w/0 offset is actually a 9" wide rim total so 4.5 inches of that is actually going into the wheel well and 4.5" is coming out. For a 5.5" wheel it is actually a 6.5" wheel making the total coming out 3.25" and since my wheels extend 2.5" from the bodywork that would cut that down to 1.25" but if you went with a 4.5" backspace (4.5" goes into the wheel well from the hub) only 2" would come out and you would be right at the edge of your bodywork... -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid you'd say that baout the wheels. I've found some really cool 4x4.5 wheels for older jap and brit RWD cars. Infortunately they are all zero offset, and I'd rather keep the wheels inside the fenders.

Does anybody make 'upgrade' 12" tires? Maybe a bit lower profile and/or better tread pattern?

Comment

No, even 13" there aren't many choices, that's why people usually go with 14's for a much better performance tire...
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
            X