Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no..... :banghead:

Well i hope its SCH-40
    Last edited by festivaWES; 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

• run oval tubing!! it'll give you more room under the hood. otherwise i like it.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Is that plumbing drain pipe?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
          Guess you're right Karl. Thanks for the perspective. About ready to drop the motor in. Still got to splice the injector harness and add a bracket or two.

is that a stock clucth?? the exedys are really nice i just bought one, and biglay5150 rails on his all the time and it never slips. i cant wait to us a good clucth that dosent silp!!drool

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            Is that plumbing drain pipe?

Karl
            3" ABS Some street 90s will clean it up some.

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
            is that a stock clucth?? the exedys are really nice i just bought one, and biglay5150 rails on his all the time and it never slips. i cant wait to us a good clucth that dosent silp!!drool

Its a dyna-pac
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Looks good Fresh. But is you plumbing up to code??

Comment

• Go Marcus Go!! I'm proud of you bro!! Can't wait to get a road report.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Biglay5150 View Post
                  Looks good Fresh. But is you plumbing up to code??

No, if it was real plumbing you are suppose to use a long sweep 90 when the drain goes from vertical to horizontal. Thats so "stuff" wont pile up at the bottom of the vertical run. I think the set up will handle air fine though. Its kind of unsightly, I might check some 323s at the junk yard next weekend and see if I cant find some thing prettier.

Thanks Paul, Im working up to a BP swap How is your write up coming ???
                  sigpic

Comment

• I would look for other cars stock plumbing to help make it rather than PVC, I personally used the 323's but any should help. Just me $.02... Ohhh, and with 82hp you won't fry the clutch. Only when I ran the 35 shot did I feel the clutch slipping especially in the higher gears 3-4... That's when I went with the Spec Stage 2. -Kyle
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

• Im not sure how to hook up the two hoses on the fuel rail pictured below. I know one goes to the fuel filter, I think thats the one that runs to the fuel pressure regulator. Not sure on the other one. Its a little different set up from the festiva.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Output to the rail, return to the regulator. There may be a mark on the filter telling which one is the out.
                        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

• He he. When I first "finished" my swap I had those on backards. That's why it wouldn't start. Simple fix to swap 'em.

But you won't have to do that, because this is one I can help you with. I just went and looked on Lux.

The lower line from your fuel rail goes to the top of the fuel filter. The top line goes, well, goes to the other fuel line lower down in your engine compartment. Just don't ask me the fuel flow direction. I think it comes through the fuel filter into the fuel rail. Don't quote me on that.

Lemme know if I helped.

Karl

Comment

• ^ Just what I needed to know , thats what I was thinking. I took a brief look last night and didnt see the "other" fuel line down in the engine compartment but its gotta be down there. Thanks a lot !!
                            sigpic

Comment

• After I worked the b3 head on TroubleMaker, I had the lines switched. I had a mild heart attack thinking the fuel pump had quit. I pulled the line to check for pressure, got a nice little POP of air and figured it out. Fuel feeds into the rail and returns out of the reg.
                              Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

• Glad I could help. Look for the fuel return line somewhere below the fuel filter location. That's about all I can tell you about that.

Go look at an older Mercury Tracer sometime and see where they put the fuel filter--up by the cowl where it is nice and replaceable!

Karl

Comment

Working...
                                X