X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey thats gonna be 1 "fresh"tiva
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Went to a couple of J/Ys today and found some wheels with the aspire bolt pattern. Took a while to find a car with all four wheels. I guess people bend a rim and then go to the J/Y and buy only one leaving an imcomplete set of three. Also wanted to get a 323 down pipe but only found one 323 and it was an 87 so it doesnt have the correct newer generation pipe. The one I removed from the older 323 was just like a festiva down pipe and different from what I need. Will the one in the ebay link listed below work ???

Since I got some wheels on the front I was able to move the jack stand around to the back and got the rear torsion beam off. That was harder than I was expecting. Score so far.
      Marcus ...............3
      Lower strut bolts ..1 (still soaking in PB blaster)

Didnt break any bolts and all the brake lines came free so all went well I guess. Ill try to get the aspire beam in before work tomorrow.

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Oh yeah I found one festiva @ the J/Y, it had new halfshafts, control arms, and sway bar bushings. It was in good shape really. 214,000 88 four speed with factory air. I wanted to bring it home with me. I need to go get that stuff off of it at least..
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
          Oh yeah I found one festiva @ the J/Y, it had new halfshafts, control arms, and sway bar bushings. It was in good shape really. 214,000 88 four speed with factory air. I wanted to bring it home with me. I need to go get that stuff off of it at least..
          If you do I might be interested in those control arms

Comment

• Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
            man.... I'd love to visit the festiva ranch but them I'm afraid I'd never want to leave! :lol:
            Well just come and stay. Bring the BP festy with you.
            sigpic

Comment

• Got the torsion beam in this morning and was about to torque it down when a thought occurred to me. This may be a stupid question but consider the source, me. I was thinking of the "coil " springs and wondered if there is a right and left spring and if it was possible to put a spring in upside down. Do the coils need to compress in a particular direction or does the coil winding direction make any difference ?

sigpic

Comment

• i dont think you can put them in wrong but i do know that jack stand is NOT safe.... one good torque of a wrench the wrong way and the car comes down on you.... not cool

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Ha Ha, I was waiting for someone to flame me for that. I removed the old torsion beam and put the new one back in like that. It hasnt budged yet. If the car falls on me Ill get out. I dont get to far under it to start with.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                    Ha Ha, I was waiting for someone to flame me for that. I removed the old torsion beam and put the new one back in like that. It hasnt budged yet. If the car falls on me Ill get out. I dont get to far under it to start with.
                    "It hasnt budged yet"... YET!!! all it takes is one bad movement and...

" dont get to far under it to start with"... whats the part of your body your sticking under there? your head... i bet it dosnt feel good with a car on top of it... lol...

i would be a bit more careful. atleast put on a helmet lol jk.... i put them on the sub frames on my car, then they are out of the way too

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Did I miss something? What rear shocks are those? They ain't Festiva/Aspire.

I missed something, didn't I?

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• They are Monroe Sensatrack but they are for a festiva. At least I hope they are after all the trouble I went to this morning putting them on. What ? dont they look right ?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          Did I miss something? What rear shocks are those? They ain't Festiva/Aspire.

I missed something, didn't I?

Karl
                          they look ok to me, Karl... ?
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• OK as soon as I figure out how to bleed my brake by myself the aspire brake swap is done. The rear torsoin beam was the biggest pain to date. Probably a lot easier with some help. Took over an hour to get the right side lower strut bolt to thread, just couldnt get it lined up for some reason. Anyway its getting closer.

sigpic

Comment

• Anyone know anything about this down pipe ? Is this what I need since I cant find a 1990 + 323 down pipe or b6 header.

sigpic

Comment

• ^^ That doesn't make sense to me?? A b6-sohc downpipe is the same as a BP?? And also for a protege after 95?? I'd try to find one at a junkyard.

BTW your going to have to lower that festiva......and you call that a hazardous place for the jack?? Ha if you guys only knew what i worked under sometimes...
                                Last edited by festivaWES; 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM.
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                                X